I am a dedicated and passionate piano and music theory teacher (as well as performer!), originally from the north of Spain, but now living and working in London.
I have over 12 years' experience teaching students of all ages and levels, from those just starting their journey all the way to professionals.
He is a brilliant teacher and better person. I have improved so much since I started his classes. Highly recommended!
We've studied together for a long time. He's a great, friendly and professional teacher. He's very patient, and has a great knowledge of the instrument. He's very encouraging, enthusiastic but above all he knows how to teach. I totally recommend him!!
My style as a teacher is to be flexible and tailor my approach to the student's individual needs, teaching in a clear, supportive and friendly way. Most importantly, I try to build my students' confidence and ensure that they thoroughly enjoy the classes (while of course learning the essential skills to progress)!
Examples of the lessons I can teach include learning pieces, music theory, improvisation, ear training, sight reading, musicality and exam preparation, plus I have a particular interest in posture and technique.
- Masters in Musical Interpretation and Research | September 2013 – June 2014 | Valencian International University | Valencia, Spain
Research, theory and performance-based study, focusing on the evolution, philosophy and aesthetic of music from the Medieval through to the Contemporary era. My thesis compared two great works of 1908: Ravel’s Gaspard de la Nuit; and Albéniz’s Iberia – Book 3, drawing out the divergent styles of the composers. I studied under Eugen Indic and Francisco Escoda Padrón.
- Masters in Contemporary Piano | September 2013 – May 2014 | Conservatorio Superior de Música de Aragón | Zaragoza, Spain
Performance-focused study of contemporary (1950s-present) piano music, including Messiaen, Ligeti, Berio, Takemitsu, Tanaka, Cage and Crumb. I studied under Ricardo Descalzo, Nicolás Hodges, Alberto Rosado and Yukiko Sugawara.
- Undergraduate Degree in Piano (“Grado Superior”) | September 2007 – June 2013 | Conservatorio Musikene | San Sebastián, Spain
Academic and performance-based undergraduate studies, including: Piano Performance; History of Music; Music Aesthetic; Composition; Evolution of Music; Audio Perception; Musical Analysis; Chamber Music; Percussion; Alexander Technique; and Posture. I studied under Gustavo Díaz-Jerez.
- Intermediate Level Title in Piano (“Grado Medio”) | September 2002 – June 2006 | Conservatorio Juán Crisóstomo de Arriaga | Bilbao, Spain
Academic and performance-based intermediate-level studies, including: Piano Performance; History of Music; Composition; Chamber Music; Vocal Studies; and Musical Accompaniment.
- Piano Tutor | Self-Employed |2005 – Present
Over 12 years’ experience as a private piano tutor to students of all ages and abilities, including preparation for exams and competitions.
- Choir Director | Biyak Bat Choir (Gipuzkoa, Spain) | September 2016 – June 2017
Director of an amateur choir of c. 40 people, with a focus on Basque, Spanish and Latin choral music, including preparation for performances at theatres and churches around the Basque country.
- Piano and Music Theory Teacher | Bergara Music School (“Bergarako Musika Eskola”) (Gipuzkoa, Spain) | September 2016 – June 2017
Taught students aged 7-13 at an evening music school, on both a one-on-one basis and in classes of up to 10. Depending on the students’ preferences and experience, I taught a range of styles from classical through to modern.
- Piano and Music Theory Teacher | Marianistas School (“Colegio Marianistas”) (Gipuzkoa, Spain) | September 2015 – June 2016
Taught students aged 7-14 on a one-on-one basis as part of the daily school curriculum.
- Piano and Music Theory Teacher | Musikabi Music School (“Musikabi Musika Eskola”) (Gipuzkoa, Spain) | September 2013 – June 2015
Taught students aged 7-18 both in classes as part of the daily school curriculum and on a one-on-one basis as part of extra-curricular evening studies.
- Piano and music theory teacher | Labayru Academy of Music (“Academia de Música de Labayru”) (Bizkaia, Spain) | September 2005 – June 2007
Taught students of all ages (including adults) at an evening music school, on both a one-on-one basis and in classes of up to 10.
- Music theory teacher | Madre de Dios School (“Colegio Madre de Dios”) (Bizkaia, Spain) | September 2005 – June 2007
Taught students aged 6-9 as part of the daily school curriculum in classes of up to 4 students.
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music theory lessons for all!
Taking musical education lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£35||£40||Not available|
|5 hours||£165||£190||Not available|
|10 hours||£320||£370||Not available|