I am a Politics and International Relations graduate who has up until recently been working in Investment banking. I have been tutoring/mentoring for over 10 years and absolutely love working with children and adults equally. I have a passion for teaching and take great pleasure in helping people learn new things, especially if they have struggled previously.
Having worked with a variety of personalities I know that not everyone learns the same and so my lessons will be tailored to the individual so as to get the most out of them. That being said some of the techniques I have found to be effective in the past are:
Mock questions answered orally
Revision notes adaptation (if applicable)
The way my lessons usually run is as follows:
Recap of the previous lesson with one or two quiz questions to solidify learning
Introduction of the topic for the week
Explanation of the topic and practice together
Independent practice to be reviewed by me there and then to identify any issues
Work through any issues
Set up for next lesson and any interim work to be sent to me and reviewed prior to the next meet
I have been tutoring/mentoring on and off for the past 10 years. Whilst in high school I was an English and Maths tutor for primary school children aged 7-8 and I volunteered as a homework mentor for year 6 pupils helping prepare them for their 11+. Whilst at University I was employed as a Student support worker taking notes for fellow students with disabilities and helping them to revise for their exams. Since graduating I have been a reading mentor for year 4 children and an academic mentor for year 10/11 pupils helping them prepare for their GCSEs.
(2009-2013) Aston University
2:1 - Politics with International Relations (BSc. Hons)
(2002-2009) Manchester High School for Girls
A Levels Economics & Business Studies (A), English Language (B), Philosophy & Ethics (A)
AS Levels Critical Thinking (A) Mathematics (A)
GCSE’s 12 A*s including English language, English Literature and Mathematics
(April ‘15 – August ‘17) Macquarie, London
• Trade Support Gas and Power Senior Associate.
• Duties currently include: Verification of UK & European Gas & Power, Emissions, Uranium and Securities trades to ensure risk systems match all documentation. Drafting confirmations for these above-mentioned trades. Checking and processing incoming confirmations received from clients, as well as investigating and escalating any discrepancies accordingly. Acting as the primary contact for clients, brokers and the Sales and Trading division. Partnering with both local and global Trade Support teams to identify and implement improvements in operational processes from a control or efficiency perspective, with the aim of achieving operational excellence. Working with management to produce KPIs/MIS.
• During this time I have become an SME in Uranium, having gained a solid understanding of the product and the legal requirements necessary to execute these transactions. In addition to this I am able to prioritise competing demands & manage internal/external client expectations allowing my team to continually deliver a platinum service. I pride myself on a consistently high accuracy rate, together with a high standard of attention to detail, and finally I have a proven track record of driving change initiatives, for efficiency or control.
(August ‘13 – April ‘15) Morgan Stanley, London
• Commodities OTC Trade Support Associate within the Power, Gas and Emissions team.
• Duties include: trade reconciliation, index pricing, MTM reporting, collateral and balance checks, invoicing and payments, novations, early settlements, option expiries, resolving trade issues, updating existing procedures documentation, and most recently compressions testing and NDF settlements.
• Prior to this I spent 3 months in the Commodities confirmation affirmation team where my responsibilities included, affirming metals and oils trades, securing trade confirmations, and building and maintaining client relationships.
• During this time I have enhanced both my technical and financial knowledge, in particular within commodities, whilst developing time management and communication skills. In addition to this, I have proven an ability to work well under pressure and provide the trading desk with an invaluable level of support.
• Completed Derivatives Academy - December 2014.
(June ‘11 – June ‘12) Morgan Stanley, London
• Industrial placement year as a business analyst in the Equity Derivatives Projects Team.
• Duties included: project analysis, requirements gathering, UAT testing, post implementation support and creating both procedural and training documentation. All of this necessitated regular liaising with other areas of the business including but not limited to; sales and trading, IT, FCG, and legal & compliance.
• I undertook a 2-week secondment to the Hong Kong Office to deliver systems training having become an SME in the front to back process of Equity Derivatives securitised trades.
• Required a high level of analytical, interpersonal, project management and team working skills, enabling the team to specify and deliver the technology and processes supporting the Business.
(Sept ‘10 – June ‘11/Sept ’12 – June ‘13) Clearlinks/Aston University, Birmingham
• Student Support Worker for fellow students at Aston University.
• Duties included: Note-taking, study facilitation, exam facilitation.
• Built upon communication skills both verbally and in the written sense.
• Required a strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to listen intently and grasp new concepts quickly.
• Mentor for year 10 girls at Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School
• Provided work placement workshops for the Princes’ Trust at Newham College
• Number partners – weekly maths mentor for primary school children
• Step in, step up – mentor to secondary school girls, supporting them through the application and hiring process
• Mentoring year 7 and 8 pupils in Mathematics and English at my Secondary School
• Medlock Scheme: preparing year 6 pupils for their 11+
• Morgan Stanley Diversity Recruitment contributor of the year (2014)
• LAMDA Speech and Drama Gold Award – Distinction (attained in 2009)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|