As a teacher, I am dedicated, invested and I care a lot that my students perform well, understand properly and do better. I am flexible, understanding and patient. I do not mind explaining something again when one cannot understand. I adapt myself to a student's needs. I make teaching fun.
I am a law student reading towards becoming a Barrister in law. I have a university degree in law. I have learnt subjects like English and French at A level and done very well in them. I have taught individual and group classes freely for one year.
Permanent address: Boulingrin Road, Long Mountain, Mauritius
Current address: Flat 64, Lovell Park, 22 Lovell Park Hill, Sheepscar, Leeds, LS7 1DF
Mobile: 0(concealed information)62
Email: (concealed information)
2018-2019 BPP University Law School, Leeds
The Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) Full Time
December 2017-ongoing Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Accelerated route towards Fellowship- International Arbitration Course
Passed level of Member, Modules 2 and 3
January 2017-December 2017 BPP University Law School, London Waterloo
Graduate Diploma in Law, Full Time Distance Learning, Pass
2011-2014 University of Mauritius
Bachelor of Laws with Honours, LLB (Hons), 2:1
October 2018- June 2019 BPP Legal Advice Clinic
• As a student adviser, I get to prepare for interview, interview clients, research and write a letter of advice to clients about their legal problems under the supervision of lawyers.
• It can be on any area of law and I receive drafting, client interview and communication skills.
October 2018- June 2019 BPP Employment Law Telephone Advice Line
• As student assistant, I learn how to deal with clients by listening to them over the phone, taking their details, directing them to the questions which need to be answered and recording the relevant facts and issues pertaining to their cases.
• I get working knowledge on employment law. The facts and issues recorded further help the solicitors to advise the client appropriately.
• I work together with volunteer solicitors to provide initial advice to employees over the phone about employment law issues.
November 2017- August 2018 Thomson Digital (Mauritius) Ltd
(9 months) Legal editor
• As a legal editor, I learnt to follow strict procedures to edit legal articles according to appropriate standards so that they be publication ready. These legal articles are further published on notable websites used by legal practitioners and students and also in books.
• I myself improved my own standard of editing the works I write. My experience has been useful to guide me to structure my drafting and my opinion writing.
• During my job, I was promoted to review the work done by my juniors. My promotion allowed me to manage strict deadlines and work in pressure. I also received an opportunity to better my communication skills by training and presenting to juniors on work procedures.
• I replaced my group leader whenever she was absent. Therefore, I got leadership and management skills by leading my team to deliver work on time and by handling the internal conflicts.
April 2016-August 2016 Accenture Services (Mauritius) Ltd
(4 months) Contract associate
• As contract associate, my duty was to manage contracts and co-ordinate between relevant people to ensure that contractual obligations get fulfilled according to the agreement terms. I received a working knowledge on contract law.
• I worked in a team and communicated with various people residing in different countries like UK and Spain to ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled. I also received problem solving skills by solving the minor conflicts in delay in delivery.
• I myself had to implement my own monitoring and tracking systems using Microsoft Excel and Word so that I am able to follow up when needed and keep a check on the work being done to abide by the contract. I improved my own personal skills of being focused, disciplined and organised.
• I received a working knowledge on the management of a company, abided by the rules and collaborated with seniors to improve my work.
• I got the opportunity to better my communication skills by making a presentation having as audience the whole legal team.
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
2017 Career guarantee Scholarship awarded by BPP University Law School
2011-2014 Appleby Ltd (Mauritius) Legal Merit Scholarship
Mooting: I recently participated in the BPP Moot Competition in November 2018. I was ranked fourth under top teams in International African Human Rights Moot in 2013. I was best speaker in semi-finals and finals of University of Mauritius Human Rights Moot 2014. I represented University of Mauritius in a team in Gujarat National Law University International Moot in 2013.
Public speaking: I won the first prize in the Equal Opportunities Commission Public Speaking Competition in 2013 and in the ICAC Public Speaking Competition 2012. I was ranked fourth in the English Speaking Union Public Speaking Competition in 2009.
Elocutions, debates and others: I was a finalist in the BPP ADR Competition held in November 2018. I won the first prize in the University of Mauritius Law Society Debate in 2011. I formed part of the best delegation and was best delegate in Model United Nations in 2009.
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
2017-2018 Assisted group leader during legal editor job
2017 Student Staff Liaison Committee Student Representative for GDL cohort
2010 Model United Nations, Chairperson (Judged and managed Delegates)
2004-2008 Editor in High School Magazine; Vice Class Captain
SKILLS AND ACTIVITIES
ICT Education Programme IC3 Course Completion, IT skills; Young volunteer at Volunteer Mauritius; Social Security Tribunal Judge Shadowing volunteer (October 2018- ongoing).
Swimming, cooking, travelling and reading novels
oral expression - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest written comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|