I've been teaching Economics since graduating from Cambridge in 2009. My experience covers all major exam boards eg. EdExcel, CIE, AQA, OCR. My teaching style is interactive and I focus on helping my students score in exams.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I specialise in teaching A-level (particularly AS) Economics to students. I also help students prepare for university entrance and Oxbridge applications, within the subject of Economics.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I graduated with a BA, MA (Hons) Economics from Christ's College, Cambridge University where I was an honorary Commonwealth Trust member.
- How much do you charge?
At A-levels, I run a price matrix of:
- £40/hr a student
- £35/hr per student (group of 2)
- £30/hr per student (group of 3)
- £25/hr per student (group of 4)
- £20/hr for distance learning (Skype, Slack, Gtalk, etc)
I spend an additional 10-15 minutes getting to know the student which I do not charge for. Students are welcome to be tutored at my flat in Canary Wharf which is carried out via an Oxbridge supervision-style environment.
- Where do you teach?
I primarily teach at home in Canary Wharf, E14. Please get in touch to discuss travel plans. I am also happy to teach via correspondence at a reduced rate.
- When are you available?
Weekday mornings, evenings & weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
GCSEs, A-Levels, University Entrance
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Online tutoring is carried out via Instant Messaging and/or Skype with the help of notes and diagrams that I shall send as attachments so that students may refer to them with ease. This is particularly relevant for students who are located outside London or who are unable to travel.
The same content/syllabus will be taught as if in person - similarly to homework practice.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Break it down to first-principles, and it'll be both fun and easier :)
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching A-Level Economics since 2009. On top of that, I've been helping students with their university applications, personal statements and interviews. I focus on helping students score in their A-Levels.
My tutorials involve:
- an intellectually stimulating and interactive environment akin to the tutorial/supervision systems practiced in Oxbridge
- a deep and thorough understanding of the topic(s) at hand
- mind maps to facilitate optimal memory retention
- an analysis of the student's capability vs. the exam scoring systems to identify the best way to perform
- regular homework with real-world examples
- ad hoc sessions like personal statement reviews, interview trainings, and general academia/career advice
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have taught students in London and the Middle East and currently have a 100% pass rate. I specialise in helping students understand the topic at-hand, to minimise as much memorizing as possible while optimizing time used via a complete study plan. My track record involves taking a D-grade student to A with just 2 weeks to spare before his finals.
• BA (Hons) Economics, University of Cambridge
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|