I believe that this will very much depend on the purpose of learning this language but even though you may not really know that purpose yet. However, I am willing to help you figure it out. if you already know the purpose we can then take it from there.
I am qualified professional actor and film distributor. I have a bachelor degree in Theatre Arts. I was born and raised in Iraq and Arabic is my native language. I have lived in the UK for the past 6 years. I speak both Arabic and English fluently and that will help beginners learners to ask or communicate with me in English.
I am a dynamic, determined, and driven individual. I work hard to achieve my goals and to ensure any task I undertake is completed to the highest possible standard. I am a caring, empathetic, and understanding person. I pride myself on my communication skills and I have gained a wealth of life experience through working in different countries and cultures. I enjoy working as part of a team and I can work using my own initiative. I am committed to my personal development and I am always happy to learn new skills. I have a range of transferable skills and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to prove myself in a new role.
Key Skills & Attributes
• Creative, imaginative, and enthusiastic
• Hardworking, dedicated, and flexible
• Reporting and presenting skills
• Self-motivated – able to prioritise, multitask, and use initiative
• Reliable, punctual, and organised
• Able to lead and manage confidently
• Honest and loyal team player - approachable, friendly, and non-judgmental
• Excellent communication skills, including clear and concise written work
• Computer skills – include Word and using the internet for research
• Bilingual – able to communicate fluently in Arabic and English
• Acting and performance skills – consisting of drama, singing, and dance
• Well-travelled and keen to learn and develop
Employment History & Experience
Art Hostel, Leeds, England (Sept 2018 – Nov 2018)
HiTide Hostel, Gran Canaria, Spain ( Jan 2018 – Mar)
Temporary volunteer role. Duties included; welcoming guests and checking guests in and out, taking phone calls and make reservations, supporting guests with their needs and answering any questions. Assisting colleagues throughout the business and covering some supervisory / management duties.
Radio Presenter – Salah al-Din Radio, Iraq (Sept 2012 – Sept 2013)
Presenting a weekly radio programme, ‘Koko & Fofo’. The programme was aimed at children. We spoke to winners of weekly competitions and conducted short interviews with them, live on air.
Writer – Tareek Al Shaab Newspaper, Iraq (July 2011 – July 2013)
Writing articles for a weekly broadsheet newspaper column. Sourcing and researching relevant information and creating engaging articles for the local community.
Actor – Iraqi Theatre Company (2012 – 2013)
Working as a qualified actor, as part of the Iraqi Theatre Company. Delivering plays, pantomimes, mime, and dance productions in many different countries. I was also responsible for a range of other duties, including; scenography, making costumes for the performances, assisting with make-up, back stage preparations, lighting, and music.
Two of my greatest achievements performed in Britain were:
• World Shakespeare Festival in Stratford, Southern England at the Swan Theatre, 20th April 2012 to 10th May 2012
• Lift World Festival in the City of London, Southern England on Riverside Studio Theatre, 20th June 2012 to 1st July 2012
Reporter – Beladi Satellite Channel, Iraq (Aug 2011 – Aug 2012)
As a Reporter and Office Manager for Beladi Satellite Channel, I was responsible for transferring the news from Salah al-Din county to the channel by making reports and appearing on air for breaking news. I was also responsible for the management and
supervision of a small team of employees in the office.
Film distributor – British Centre of Film Distribution BCFD, Leeds (July 2015 – present)
working as freelancer taking films into major Film Festivals worldwide.
Education & Training
Leeds City College (Between 2013 – 2018)
• ESOL Entry Level 3
• Function Skills Level 1
• GCSE / Level 2 English Language
Bachelor Degree in Theatre Arts – University of Baghdad – Academy of Fine Arts (2009 – 2013)
• Equivalent to UK Higher National Diploma Level 5. I learned about what was involved in delivering and participating in theatre productions. I also learned about scenography, including: making costumes for the performances, make-up, back stage, lighting, music, and scenery.
Balad Professional High School, Iraq (2006 – 2009)
• Computer Maintenance / Computer Repair
• Islamic Education, Arabic Language, English Language, Mathematics, Combined Science, Industrial Science, Industrial Drawing, Practical Training.
Talented Training (July 2019- September 2019)
SIA Door Supervision qualification and licence.
Envoic September 2019
IOSH Managing Safely coalification in Health and Safety.
International School Of Linguists October 2019
community Interpreting qualification (diploma Level 3).
TEFL December 2019
level 5 in teaching English as a foreign language.
Interests & Additional Information
I love to keep active and I especially enjoy exercising at the gym, spending time visiting the countryside, and engaging with nature. I am passionate about travelling and discovering as much of the world as possible. I love to meet people and share stories and experiences. I also enjoy acting, singing, and dancing and I have participated in many productions.
Available on request
arabic lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest accent reduction - arabic lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - arabic lessons for all!
Taking oral expression - arabic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|