I am a native Turkish and near-native German speaker (born in Germany) and have been teaching Turkish and German languages for 10 years. I hold a BA degree in German language and literature, and a PhD degree in Turkish language and literature. I also have a ceritificate to teach Turkish as a foreign language.
I use various methods depending on the learners and their needs: e.g. the Communicative Language Teaching and the Direct Method (for those who want to learn the language for a general purpose), the Structural Approach and the Lexical Syllabus together with the Direct Method (for Turkish people to speak their mother tongue appropriately), the Grammar-Translation and the Structural Approach (for Ottoman Turkish).
I can summarise my teaching experience in the following way:
- Language teaching and education consultancy at several language schools in Turkey for ten years.
- Private tuitions since 2012.
- Lecturing at two universities (in Turkey and Cyprus) for one year.
- Preparation for language proficiency exams.
- Experience in working with both adults and children.
- Translation (GER>TUR) (four books, two of which are still in press).
Travel costs will be added to the price.
BA: German Language and Literature
MA: Turkish Language and Literature
PhD: Turkish Language and Literature
Certificate to teach Turkish as a foreign language
turkish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£110||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£200|