Gymnastics lessons for you or your child/children in the comfort of your own home. You/Your children will learn many gymnastics skills (jumps, balances, rolls, cartwheels, handstands, walkovers, handsprings, somersaults, etc.) and create positive attitudes towards physical activity while developing their strength, flexibility and coordination. You will need just a little bit of space and a yoga/gym mat to start.
For primary school children I can also deliver the Core Proficiency Awards Scheme which has been developed by British Gymnastics (the National Governing Body for the sport of Gymnastics in the UK). These Awards progressively develop core skills such as Balance, Strength, Flexibility & Coordination, with 8 levels of attainment, and provide children with the motivation of earning rewards for achievement in the form of certificates, badges and a gold medal.
I am Dr Stefan Kolimechkov, and I am a fully insured and qualified personal trainer, gymnastics coach, as well as a registered exercise professional.
I provide gymnastics lessons for children and adults in London in the comfort of your own home.
You can find more information on my website, but with a few words, I have more than 10 years experience in teaching gymnastics at all levels, and my research focuses on assessing physical fitness, physical activity and nutritional diet. I am a Registered Scientist (RSci) in the United Kingdom, as well as the Editor-in-Chief of the European Journal of Physical Education and Sport Science (ISSN 2501 - 1235).
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Physical Education National Sports Academy, Bulgaria 2018
- Master of Arts (MA) Physical Education National Sports Academy, Bulgaria 2012
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Sport’s Science & Physical Education National Sports Academy 2011
Training, Qualifications and Certificates
- Registered Scientist (RSci) Science Council UK 2019
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) National College for Teaching & Leadership UK 2014
- Level 6 Personal Trainer, Advanced Health and Exercise Specialist EREPS 2016
- Level 3 Personal Trainer Practitioner CIMSPA 2019
- Level 3 in Coaching Gymnastics British Gymnastics 2018
- Personal Trainer January 2013 - Present
Teaching various physical exercises (gymnastics, yoga, pilates, fitness) to private clients in London
- Gymnastics Coach January 2013 - Present
‘Elite Gymnastics Academy’ CIC London, United Kingdom WAG & MAG coach, General gymnastics coach, Pre-school coach
- Gymnastics Coach January 2008 – December 2012
‘Levski’ Sports Club (‘Levski Spartak’ G.C. Department) Sofia, Bulgaria Head Gymnastics Coach
- Kiuchukov, I., Yanev, I., Petrov, L., Kolimechkov, S., Alexandrova, A., Zaykova, D., & Stoimenov, E. (2019). Impact of gymnastics training on the health-related physical fitness of young female and male artistic gymnasts. Science of Gymnastics Journal, 11(2), 175 - 187.
- Kolimechkov, S., Petrov, L., & Alexandrova, A. (2019). Alpha-fit test battery norms for children and adolescents from 5 to 18 years of age obtained by a linear interpolation of existing European physical fitness references. European Journal of Physical Education and Sport Science, 5(4), 1-14.
- Kolimechkov S., Petrov, L., Alexandrova, A., & Cholakov, K. (2018). BeepShuttle Junior: Software for the Administration of the 20m Shuttle Run Test in Children and Adolescents. Journal of Advanced Sport Technology, 1(3), 35-40.
- Kolimechkov S. (2017). Physical fitness assessment in children and adolescents: a systematic review. European Journal of Physical Education and Sport Science, 3(4), 65-78.
- Best result: 4th in the Men’s Rings Final at the 2012 National Gymnastics Championships, Bulgaria
- Three-time London Gymnastics Champion on Rings (2015, 2016 & 2017)
Perfect! Stafan is an extremely good coach. He teaches my son gymnastics. He is very diligent and improvements can be seen after a couple of sessions. Very interesting combination of workout to improve balance, mobility strength as well as flexibility. He is patient and charismatic and adapts to each age group. Highly recommend!
Dear Carolina, thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy that you found the lessons helpful and I am looking forward to facilitating the progress of your son in gymnastics.
Stefan Kolimechkov is an excellent athlete and frequent competitor. Along with his athletic experience he is a well established Sports Scientist and a full time Gymnastics coach and personal trainer. I am particularly impressed about how he develops a person’s fitness and physical strength by laying a strong foundation. In terms of developing more advanced Gymnastics skills, Stefan recommends the right exercises of progression and always keeps in mind the importance of flexibility. Thank you Stefan for your lessons !
He is a gymnastics trainer and researcher in this area with high reputation; and have a lot experiences as an athlete
fitness lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest personal training lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, muscle strengthening lessons for all!
Taking gymnastics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£60||£40|
|5 hours||Not available||£250||£200|
|10 hours||Not available||£500||£400|