- I am available to teach primary/secondary maths classes
- My approach is to break down components of the class so there they are easily digestible by the students, then practice each of these components until the student is confident and then move on
- I also believe it is important to recognise when the student needs to be pushed a little so that they start developing their own problem solving methods
- I started tutoring in Maths in Jan 2019 after I graduated from university
- I have so far had one maths student at year 7/8 (equivalent to S1) level and I am pleased to say she went from being bottom set maths to top set after taking her end of year exams in June
- I have GCSEs in Maths and Triple Science and also completed a degree that is highly numerical and physics related (Astrophysics with Computer Science)
Rates will depend on level of teaching:
S1 : £15 ph 5 hrs: £70 10 hrs: £125
S2 : £20 ph 5 hrs: £90 10 hrs: £180
S3 : £25 ph 5 hrs: £110 10 hrs: £225
S4 : £30 ph 5 hrs: £145 10 hrs: £270
S5 : £35 ph 5 hrs: £155 10 hrs: £315
S6 : £40 ph 5 hrs: £180 10 hrs: £360
Education and Qualifications:
2015 - 2018 B.Sc. (Hons) Astrophysics with Computer Science, accredited by the Institute of Physics
2014 - 2015 General Foundation Year: Astrophysics and Geology, Pass
2010 - 2014 A-Level passes in Geography, Mathematics and Physics
12 GCSEs at grade C or above: (A) Mathematics, Geography, Physics, Biology, (B) Chemistry, French, English Literature, English Language, Information Technology, Statistics, Astronomy, (C) Physical Education
● As a personal tutor I am patient and actively listening to my pupil to guide them through the problems they are facing in their studies so that they are learning from me effectively.
Trainee Workshop Technician (August 2019 - Present) University of Edinburgh– Edinburgh, Scotland
● I am currently completing a modern apprenticeship at the University of Edinburgh as an electrician trainee.
Receptionist (February 2019 – August 2019) Everyone Active Watford Central– Watford, England
● I worked at Everyone Active Watford Central at the front of house reception desk.
● I am the first point of contact for customers helping them in any way I can.
● Managing bookings/cancellations, answering the phone and carrying out transactions.
● Cashing up the till at the end of a shift.
Personal Tutor for Mathematics (January 2019 – Present)
● I am also a tutor in Mathematics (secondary school level). This has equipped me with communication skills and taught me to listen and identify problem areas my pupil has so that I can help them as efficiently as possible.
Exam Invigilator (January 2019) London South Bank University – London, England
● I assisted with main and DDS (Disability Dyslexia Support) examinations.
● This entailed examination venue set-up, assisting candidates as required and supporting the examination team whilst adhering to strict procedures.
Jr Data Scientist (November 2018) machineOS – London, England
● I completed a one-month internship at machineOS, a machine learning company.
● I learnt about the creation and relevance of synthetic data starting from scratch and how to build code at the end of the process.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£12|
|5 hours||Not available||£85||£60|
|10 hours||Not available||£155||£120|