I am a London-based teacher, composer and trumpet player.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Composition, Music Theory, Orchestration, Music History, Trumpet, Cornet
- Tell me about your qualifications.
In 2008 I was a awarded a scholarship to study for a BMus in Composition at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
In 2012 I graduated with a First Class Honours Degree.
I was then awarded a scholarship to study for an MMus degree in Composition at the Royal College of Music where I am a supported by a Douglas and Hilda Simmonds Award as well by scholarships from the RVW Trust, the Countess of Munster Musical Trust and by a Dewar Arts Award.
I am currently in the second and final year of my Masters degree at the RCM.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £30 per lesson and £25 for consultation lessons.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at my studio in Morden.
- When are you available?
I am very flexible with my time and am able to teach most days of the week.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Beginners to Advanced pupils, both children and adults.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am happy to tutor composition online.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I am an encouraging and positive teacher and I look forward to meeting you!
- What kind of experience do you have?
As a composer, my music has been performed worldwide in countries such as Japan, Germany, Poland, Malta and Canada, as well as in leading UK venues such as St Martins in the Fields, the Southbank Centre and Perth Concert Hall. My work has been played in festivals such as the City of London Festival, the Grimeborn Festival and the Sound Festival. I am currently composing a new work for the National Youth Orchestras of Scotland in celebration of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
I am also the former Principal Trumpet player of the National Youth Orchestra of Scotland and have performed as a soloist in the Vivaldi Double Trumpet Concerto.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Not at present but I am in the process of applying for one.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I am currently studying with composer, Mark-Anthony Turnage at the Royal College of Music.
At the Guildhall School of Music and Drama I studied for three years with the composer, Matthew King.
As a trumpeter I studied with Robert Baxter in Scotland and briefly with Paul Cosh at the Guildhall.
• 1st Class BMus (Hons) degree in Composition from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama
• MMus degree in Composition at the Royal College of Music (with Distinction)
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|