My teaching method requires approaching each topic with patience. I myself learnt in a steady pace, so believe to teach in a similar way. I believe that biology can be described and taught in a story like manner, which makes it easier to learn and understand.
I am a positive individual who as graduated with a biomedical sciences degree with a 1st class and currently studying a PGCE Biology to become a biology teacher at the University of Warwick. I absolutely love science and would love to teach younger peers in a way they find most comfortable, I am a firm believer in unique learning and understand that different people learn at different levels and will incorporate this into my teaching. I understand that sciences can be hard and will aim to teach it in the most simple manner and help students get the basics covered.
If student is to cancel, they should let me know at least 3 hour before the session.
University of Hull (2016 – 2020)
BSc. (Honours) Biomedical Sciences 1st Class
Notable Modules – Microbiology and Immunology, Cell Structure and function, Principles of Genetics, Chemistry of Life, Skills for Biomedical sciences, Human Physiology, Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Blood sciences, Molecular genetics and proteomics, Molecular Cell Biology and Histopathology and Professional and Research for Biomedical Scientists.
Key Skills gained:
• Thorough knowledge of the human body and its diseases and its applications to modern society. Modules listed above.
• Contented course giving the ability to manage intense workloads.
• Ability to handle data and apply statistical methods to prove biomedical queries.
• Advanced laboratory techniques learnt ranging from SDS Polyacrylamide Gel electrophoresis, clinical microbiological and immunological techniques such as differentiating bacterial techniques and radial immunodiffusion assays and identifying regular and abnormal specific cells. Conducted independently and as a group.
• Developed communication skills developed through exams, numerous essays and laboratory reports.
Peter Symonds College, Winchester: (2014-2016)
3 A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology
The Mountbatten School, Romsey: (2009-2014)
10 GCSEs, grade A-C including Maths and English
Medical Laboratory Assistant at Royal Hampshire County Hospital
(June 2018-August 2018)
• Took on the role as a medical laboratory assistant which involved booking in blood samples, adding on tests to samples, handling requests from doctors and other departments
• Working in the biochemistry department, with responsibility of loading samples onto analysers, archiving samples, performing manual tests on samples, performing QCs on the analysers.
• Being a double check of results alongside senior biomedical scientists to ensure for valid results.
• Working in a team, meeting the requirements of the turnaround times for each day.
• Participating in group meetings, with biomedical companies and providing ideas to improve the laboratory.
Volunteer at Care Home
(March 2015-June 2015)
• Engaging with the residents and sorting out any issues raised with appropriate advice.
• Tasks such as organising medicines for the residents and encouraging them take them.
• Coordinating and helping with meal times
Student Shadowing Doctor at Southampton General Hospital
• Overshadowed healthcare professionals such as doctors, biomedical scientists’ radiotherapists, chemists
• Partake in meetings to acknowledge a professional group meeting setting
• Attend haematology-based conferences regarding leukaemia cancers and treatment development.
• Gained experience in an intricate organisation as well as a healthcare setting
• Studying the daily challenges face in a hospital setting
Volunteer at Children’s Group
• Team leader which involved planning activities for the day.
• Interacting with children including reading books, colouring alongside them and outdoor activities
• Organising alongside team for term activities.
Hobbies & Interests
During my spare time, I enjoy serving the church and getting involved in events that are related such as community work. I partake in teams which are run by the church such as alpha course which has taught me to work as a team and communications skills by talking and welcoming people who would be from all types of backgrounds into a church environment and attending their needs. I attend church small groups which involve discussion that has helped me build my confidence by speaking out my opinions and exercising my beliefs.
I also have a passion for singing and being a part of the church singing team, which shows that I am dedicated as I was involved for 7 years in the church band. I have been trained to sing in different languages, especially my native language which is Tamil, and have performed, which develops my cultural values.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£12||Not available||£12|