I use a lot of powerpoints and resources, especially when teaching English as another language as it helps to understand how to use the words into context. With GCSE students, I use past papers for guidance and have a year plan in order to help the learner meet the requirements to pass their exams.
I am a PGCE student, studying to become an English Literature Teacher and Teaching English as another Language. I currently teach learners re-sitting their English GCSE'S and I teach adults who want to improve their English or who would like to learn English.
For cancelations: If you need to cancel your session, please cancel up to 72 hours before the session otherwise it is non-refundable.
I am a confident, responsible and articulate young individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills. I am an enthusiastic, hard working person, detail-oriented who can work on my own initiative as well as in a team. I take pride in my work and ensure everything is done to the best of my abilities. I know how to handle multiple responsibilities whilst providing exceptional customer service.
2019 – 2020: The University of Bolton
PGCE English Literature and ESOL
2014 – 2018 The University of Bedfordshire
2:2 Bachelor of Arts Degree with Honours in Early Years Education
2012 – 2014 Rochdale Sixth Form College
A-Levels – E- Psychology, C - English Language and D- Drama
2007-2012 Matthew Moss High School
7 A-C GSCE’S in the following subjects
Mathematics, English Language, English Literature, History, French, Drama, I.C.T
December 2018 – Present NHS – North Pennine Trust
Job Title: Ophthalmic Technician
• Carry out investigatory procedures for patients with medical retinal eye disease including Optical Coherence Tomography, Visual Fields Analyser, Auto refraction, Logmar and Snellen visual assessments.
• Independently run remote monitoring clinics.
• Communicate clearly and appropriately with patients, their relatives/friends, colleagues and all other members of the multidisciplinary team, including responding to queries, answering the phone, taking messages, and passing on written and verbal information to patients.
• To support qualified staff in the assessment of health needs, planning, delivery and evaluation of care for several individuals or groups of patients, including clinical risk assessment.
October 2017- March 2018 Better Health Care
Job Title – Domiciliary Care Worker
• Organising cliental folder.
• Addressing sensitive confidential informational with clients.
• Reporting to senior staff members
• Providing care to people who still live in their own homes but require additional support
• Helping individuals maintain their independence
• Assisting with personal care, cooking and cleaning.
February 2017 – October 2017 Choice Teachers South
Job Title: Nursery Teacher
• Providing a safe and stimulating environment for the children
• Assisting with the development of the children’s personal, social and language abilities
• Organising and supervising play and activities
• Help nurture and develop the knowledge and abilities from children 0-5.
• Implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage to reach each individuals full potential
June – August 2017
June - August 2016 Lake Valley Camp, Wisconsin, USA
Job Title: Summer Camp Counselor
• Worked at a summer camp in the USA for underprivileged and inner- city youth
• Organized and led activities such as: arts and crafts, nature walks, songs, games and cabin nights.
• In charge of children from 8 – 16 years of age, providing leadership to the campers and help develop their growth and daily skills.
• Being flexible and able to deal with unexpected situations such as weather and injuries.
• Maintaining accurate records of incident reports. Logs and daily attendance.
• Ensuring health and safety of children, reporting any behavioural concern to management.
• Facing new challenges every day.
• Concluding written evaluations of the session.
Job Title: Reception Teaching Assistant Castle Lower School, Bedford
• Supervised the children in the reception class
• Working one-to-one or with small groups of pupils
• Creating displays of pupils’ work
• Organised activities for the children
• Being familiar with the school policies and guidelines in regards to safe guarding
• Help maintain good behaviour and order amongst pupils in conjunction with the school’s behaviour policy.
• Read stories to the children
• Listen to the children read and assess their level of reading.
• Encourage the children to learn in many ways and help develop their personal, social, emotional and development skills.
Job Title: Crew Member McDonalds, Aspects, Bedford
October 2015 – May 2016
• Operating a cash register
• Taking Orders
• Organising the Drive thru
• Taking payments
• Stocking food
• Cleaning work area
• Meeting targets and deadlines
Summers 2013-2014 EduTrain Consulting Ltd, Rochdale
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Responsibilities: General Office duties including:
• Providing general administrative support including mailing, scanning, faxing and filing.
• Open, sort and distribute correspondence.
• Answering calls. Managing calendar for the director
• Receiving and replying to emails, preparing memos, redrafting documents if needed.
• Organizing the documents into folders, maintain office supplies.
Summers 2010-2012 Drake Computing Ltd, Rochdale
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Responsibilities: Office duties
• Data entry,
• Answering phones
• Receiving and replying to emails.
• Organizing the documents into folders. Knowing where everything is kept.
April 2011 Curry’s and PC World, Rochdale
Job Title: Sales Assistant
Responsibilities: General shop floor sales assistant duties including:
• Meeting and greeting customers
• Building a rapport with customers ensuring that they are happy with the service re-ceived,
• Making sure the area I work in is clean and tidy
• Putting out stock, rotating stock so it is in the right order.
• Security protecting the valuable items by attaching an alarm on to it
• Making sure the special offer merchandise where noticeable to the costumers
References available on request
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking IELTS lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|