My teaching method is focusing on students by developing their attitude, knowledge, and skills which are also the three key values to capture any new concepts. I'm here to share my experience to make students be well-prepared, more adaptable and passionate in mathematics, chemistry and pharmacy classes. I also need cooperation from the students to improve their ability of understanding and solving issues in specific subjects.
After graduating from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Ho Chi Minh City in 2016, I became a Lecturer and Dean Assistant at Faculty of Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (Vietnam). I taught students Pharmacy Practice, Biochemistry and so on. I also supported the Dean to organize student activities for vocational guidance and practical skills. Besides, I had 5-years experience of instructing primary-school pupils to do chemical and biological experiments in the Kids' Lab program (from BASF Vietnam Company). At present, I'm taking a Master course at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow to accomplish my goal of higher education in Pharmaceutics.
MSc of Advanced Pharmaceutical Manufacturing at Faculty of Science, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK (September 2018 – Present)
Bachelor of Pharmacy at Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (September 2011 – September 2016)
GPA: 7.44/10.00. Thesis: Formulation of pantoprazole delayed release pellets (Oral report: 10.00/10.00)
Lecturer and Dean Assistant at Faculty of Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (March 2017 – Present)
● Taught students Pharmacy Practice and Biochemistry in applying fundamental processes and basic biochemical reactions.
● Evaluated students by observing their performance in class and in the laboratory.
● Supported the Dean to organize student activities for vocational guidance and practical skills.
Scientific Tutor in Kids’ Lab Program - BASF Company Ltd., Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (November 2012 – November 2015) _ a part-time job
● Instructed many primary school pupils to do chemical and biological experiments and inspire them to find out nature discovery and human innovation.
CONFERENCES AND PUBLICATIONS
● The oral reporter at ASEAN PharmNET Conference 2017 at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (November 2017)
● The oral presenter at 34th Youth Scientific Conference at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (March 2017)
● Quach Thuy Tien, Le Thi Thu Van, Le Hau, “Formulation of pantoprazole delayed release pellets”, Ho Chi Minh City Medical Journal, Supplement of Vol. 21, No. 1, 2017: 150-156
ACTIVITIES AND HONORS
Faculty of Science Elite Scholarship Program, University of Strathclyde (February 2018)
● Granted for excellence at University and strong English test results
Title Student of 5 merits from Ho Chi Minh City Youth Union, Vietnam (December 2016)
● Accredited for good ethics, good stamina, good integration, good learning, and good volunteer
The unique Vietnamese representative of Student Forum Meeting (December 2015)
● Co-founded the ASEAN Pharmacy students’ network to develop transnational connection at the ASEAN PharmNET Conference 2015 in Bangkok, Thailand
Consolation prize at Contest 13th Student Scientific Research Prize Euréka (November 2012)
● Reported the research “Health overview at universities in Ho Chi Minh City”
Chairman, Student Association at Faculty of Pharmacy (2014 – 2016)
Member of Executive, Youth Union & Student Association at University (2012 – 2016)
● Operated a diverse variety of student clubs (like Tutor Club, Skills Club, English Club, Art Club…) and managed different campaigns (like Pharmacy Tradition, Relay Season, Spring Volunteer, Green Summer…) to help accomplish intellectual and entertaining goals
● Awarded for excellent support for students annually from the Vietnam Youth Union & Student Association
Tien! A tutor who really cares about her students' progress. With patience and with a wide range of knowledge, she is great in making complex notions look really simple! I would recommend everyone to trust Tien for her spirit, her knowledge and her kind manners!
Tien was a good student during the pharmacy course with me from 2011 to 2016. She had a great passion with the production of medicine. Otherwise, many extra-activities of the university were organised by Tien. Responsability, enthusiasm and leadership are my three keywords to describe Tien.
I used to study with Tien when I was in university. In my view, she is an active, social, reliable and responsible person. When I had a problem with the lesson, she taught and explained carefully, clearly and easily to understand. With her diligence, responsibility and passion, she's a trustworthy tutor I have ever known. And if you're finding not only a great tutor but also a friendly one, I think Tien will be a best choice for you to consider.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking biochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|