My teaching method is focusing on students by developing their attitude, knowledge, and skills which are also the three key values to capture any new concepts. I'm here to share my experience to make students be well-prepared, more adaptable and passionate in mathematics, chemistry and pharmacy classes. I also need cooperation from the students to improve their ability of understanding and solving issues in specific subjects.
After graduating from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Ho Chi Minh City in 2016, I became a Lecturer and Dean Assistant at Faculty of Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (Vietnam). I taught students Pharmacy Practice, Biochemistry and so on. I also supported the Dean to organize student activities for vocational guidance and practical skills. Besides, I had 5-years experience of instructing primary-school pupils to do chemical and biological experiments in the Kids' Lab program (from BASF Vietnam Company). At present, I'm taking a Master course at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow to accomplish my goal of higher education in Pharmaceutics.
MSc of Advanced Pharmaceutical Manufacturing at Faculty of Science, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK (September 2018 – Present)
Bachelor of Pharmacy at Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (September 2011 – September 2016)
GPA: 7.44/10.00. Thesis: Formulation of pantoprazole delayed release pellets (Oral report: 10.00/10.00)
Lecturer and Dean Assistant at Faculty of Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (March 2017 – Present)
● Taught students Pharmacy Practice and Biochemistry in applying fundamental processes and basic biochemical reactions.
● Evaluated students by observing their performance in class and in the laboratory.
● Supported the Dean to organize student activities for vocational guidance and practical skills.
Scientific Tutor in Kids’ Lab Program - BASF Company Ltd., Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (November 2012 – November 2015) _ a part-time job
● Instructed many primary school pupils to do chemical and biological experiments and inspire them to find out nature discovery and human innovation.
CONFERENCES AND PUBLICATIONS
● The oral reporter at ASEAN PharmNET Conference 2017 at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (November 2017)
● The oral presenter at 34th Youth Scientific Conference at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (March 2017)
● Quach Thuy Tien, Le Thi Thu Van, Le Hau, “Formulation of pantoprazole delayed release pellets”, Ho Chi Minh City Medical Journal, Supplement of Vol. 21, No. 1, 2017: 150-156
ACTIVITIES AND HONORS
Faculty of Science Elite Scholarship Program, University of Strathclyde (February 2018)
● Granted for excellence at University and strong English test results
Title Student of 5 merits from Ho Chi Minh City Youth Union, Vietnam (December 2016)
● Accredited for good ethics, good stamina, good integration, good learning, and good volunteer
The unique Vietnamese representative of Student Forum Meeting (December 2015)
● Co-founded the ASEAN Pharmacy students’ network to develop transnational connection at the ASEAN PharmNET Conference 2015 in Bangkok, Thailand
Consolation prize at Contest 13th Student Scientific Research Prize Euréka (November 2012)
● Reported the research “Health overview at universities in Ho Chi Minh City”
Chairman, Student Association at Faculty of Pharmacy (2014 – 2016)
Member of Executive, Youth Union & Student Association at University (2012 – 2016)
● Operated a diverse variety of student clubs (like Tutor Club, Skills Club, English Club, Art Club…) and managed different campaigns (like Pharmacy Tradition, Relay Season, Spring Volunteer, Green Summer…) to help accomplish intellectual and entertaining goals
● Awarded for excellent support for students annually from the Vietnam Youth Union & Student Association
A dedicated and sociable lecturer, Tien always strip things down to the most fundamental elements and helps students understand their lessons in an approachable way. She never listens to someone's problem with such care without providing them with sympathy and practical solutions to it.
I worked with Tien in several projects and was impressed by her enthusiasm and responsibility in everything she involved in. I believe in her ability to deliver the lectures as she got good results in math and pharmaceutics during her undergraduate degree and she had 2 year experience as a teaching assistant in a university in Vietnam.
Tien will be sensitive enough to understand your issues and also has great communication and problem solving skills, thus she could always find a solution to any problems during your studying. She is also one of the most energetic and optimistic person I have ever known. I highly recommend Tien to be your tutor.
She is a person who is oriented to all things, enthusiastic, devoted to her students, always showing her good character as well as always encouraging and guiding her students well. up. She is very psychic, clever, understanding the ability of the individual, delivered the right work, and never limit the ability of anyone. She brings good opportunities for her students. She is always on the side of watching and instructing students. She has the ability to handle work quickly and complete. All that has inspired the people around her.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking school science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||£45||Not available|