I am a PhD biotechnology student at the University of Nottingham. I tutor undergraduate and master's students in biotechnology and related subjects. I help students to understand their subjects better through critical thinking and analysis. I also teach students how to read and understand journals batter as well as how to prepare manuscript for publication. I Like to create mental picture of the subject matter for better understanding. I also help to Msc, Mres and PhD students with their thesis and dessertation writing
I started giving lessons in 2010 during my undergraduate studies. I have taught over 250 students both in high schools, colleges and universities. My students have been able to acquire their GCSE results, Diploma certificates and higher certificates in Diploma and bachelor degree
This tariff varies according to the level and needs of the students as well as the distance if I am to travel to the place. There is cancellation policy but this should be three hours to the start of the lessons
To use biotechnology and its applications to improve the quality of life in areas of food security, environment, climate, medicine, oil and gas and research and teaching using innovative, and biotechnology driven approaches to reach out to people in the developing world
Assistant Lecturer, 03/2016 to 11/2017, Federal University Wukari, Tarba State, Nigeria
• Lecture and tutor students in general microbiology and biotechnology
• Supervised and evaluated students' laboratory work.
• Invigilated University examination
• Mark and graded students' examinations
• Carried research activities
Graduate Assistant, 10/2012 to 03/2016, Federal University Wukari, Tarba State, Nigeria
• Assisted senior lecturers and tutor students Microbiology practical I and II
• Assisted the departmental examination officer in collating students’ results
• Supervised and evaluated students' laboratory work.
• Invigilated University examinations
• Part of the team that wrote and developed FUW Microbiology practical manual
• Tutored students in microbiology and basic sciences
Laboratory Scientist, 06/2011 to 05/2012, Kente Cottage Hospital, Taraba State, Nigeria
• Set up and run the laboratory
• Head of the laboratory and carried out timely-based test which resulted in prompt diagnosis daily
• Liaise with suppliers and producers of laboratory testing kits and devices
Internship, 02/2009 to 08/2009, Central Hospital Benin, Edo State Nigeria
• Helps in the preparation of microbiological media in timely manner which led to quick microbiological assays.
• Assisted in general laboratory works
University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK [2017-present]
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Biotechnology
University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK. [2015 - 2016]
Master of Science (M.Sc), Biotechnology
Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Microbiology [2006 - 2011]
2nd Class (Upper Division)
Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna, Nigeria [2003 - 2005]
National Diploma (ND) Science Laboratory Technology
• Microbiology skills- Experimental design, culturing, basic microscopy, antibiotic sensitivity testing, culturing and colonial characterization, staining techniques, biochemical assays, media preparation and sterilization.
• Molecular biology skills- (PCR, RTPCR, qPCR, microarray, RNA/DNA purification), agarose gel electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE, Protein purification and Affinity chromatography. Western blotting, ELISA, Spectrophotometry
• Synthetic biology skills- Codon optimization and sequence alignment, GC content analysis, primer Design, promoter strength analysis, Ribosome Binding Site (RBS) analysis and design, biobrick gene assembly
• Scientific paper writing and critical analysis
• Preparation of competent cell, restriction digest, ligation and cellular transformation
Very competent in the use of MS-Office, search engines, statistical software packages- SPSS, Minitab, and molecular biology software packages-PyMOL, Biomolec, Bacteri, ClustalX2, modelling techniques, Basic skill in MatLab programming for biologist.
• Best graduating student, Department of Applied Sciences, Kaduna Polytechnic, Nigeria 2005
• Nigerian Government Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND) Scholarship (2015-2016)
• University of Nottingham Vice-Chancellor scholarship for research excellence (2017-2020)
• Common purpose, Global Leader Experience, Glasgow, 2016
• Student Union Government Parliamentarian, University of Benin, 2009
• Undergraduate second year class representative, University of Benin, 2008
• Nigeria Society of Microbiology
• America Society of Microbiology
• Cancer Research UK, 2016
• Peer Education Trainer (PET)- National Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS preventions and care project, 2012
• Alloysius Chibuike Ogodo, Chioma Blessing Nwaneri, Dawn Ify Agwaranze, Jonathan Inetianbor and Christopher Uchechukwu Okoronkwo (2017). Antimycotic and Antibacterial Activity of Aframomum melegueta Seed Extracts Against Bacteria and Fungi Species from Food Sources. Central African Journal of Public Health 3(4): 44-50
• Evbuomwan Lucky and Inetianbor Jonathan (2017). Antibacterial Activity of Persia Americana Leaf Extracts Against Multidrug Resistant Bacterial Isolates. American Association for Science and Technology Journal of Bioscience 3(4): 29-34.
• E. I. Atuanya, A. O. Dave-Omoregie, U. Udochukwu and J. Inetianbor. (2016). Toxicological Effects of Plastic Composted Soil on Nitrifying Bacteria. British Biotechnology Journal 13(4): 1-7
• U. Udochukwu, J. Inetianbor, S.O Akaba, and F.O. Omorotionmwan. (2016). Comparative assessment of the microbiological quality of smoked and fresh fish sold in Benin city and its public health impact on consumers. American Journal of Microbiological Research 4 (1): 37-40
• Udochukwu, U., Inetianbor, J., Omorotionmwan, F.O. and Okpuruka, N.S. (2016). Effects of High Customer Patronage on the Indoor Air Quality of Restaurants in Lokoja Metropolis and Its Public Health Impact. American Journal of Microbiological Research 4 (2): 51-55.
Mr Jonathan is one of those few lecturers I've had the opportunity to learn from. His biggest strength is in his calmness and perfect use of words during lectures. He's a seasoned teacher of biotechnology and recommended for any lover of biology.
Jonathan is an intelligent guy who always goes out of his way to help students. I have known him for over five years as a tutor and a lecturer. He teaches with passion and his students have had improved grades due to his tutorship.
I have known Jonathan since 2007 and his passion about impacting knowledge on other has not change. He is quite intelligent and compassionate. You are sure of having quality tutorship with him
I have known Jonathan since 2011 as both of us are Lecturers in Microbiology we have also shared the same apartment blocks as family friends.
Jonathan is a seasoned, dedicated and hardworking academic. As colleagues I know him to teach very well and excellent in rendering both individual and group tutorial in the biological sciences, and sometimes in maths and statistics. He is also an excellent administrator as we worked together in the start off of the Microbiology Department and also were involved in the collation of examination result. Jonathan is very intelligent, committed, hardworking and responsible academic with a healthy moral standing. Due to his vastness and diligence in the subject area, I strongly recommend Jonathan as I have known his ability to mentor at any level of education.
Jonathan is a hard working fellow with a passion for research and teaching excellence. Moreover, he's an intelligent teacher who spends quality time reading and preparing for a class -students find this really helpful.
I am certain, having interacted with Jonathan over a decade, that he would be a huge asset to your firm.
Jonathan was my student for his bachelor degree. He is quite intelligent and knowledgeable in the subjects matter and has shown over the years to be somebody who thinks outside the box. He listens to his students and relates to them as a peer and not as an ''imposer''
Mr Jonathan is a versatile individual with a good knowledge base of his subject matter. He is always willing to help other people improve. He is the real deal.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microbiology lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|