My teaching method materials is based on the UK education curriculum. I am a PhD graduate and have the competence in delivering teaching in Microbiology and Maths. I deliver my lessons to a level that the student is able to comprehend and assimilate
I have training in Microbiology and Biochemistry mostly in the field of research. I tutor 4th year students of the school of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, provide support in laboratory based research activities and in organisation of thesis contents. I have done this for 2 years and all my students have been successful in passing their studies.
I will be charging more fees to accommodate for transportation cost
A dynamic research scientist holding a broad sense of analytical and technical skills that is of great benefit to any academic organisation.
PhD in microbiology, Cardiff University (Oct 2015 – Oct 2019)
MPhil Biochemistry, University of Ghana (July 2012 – July 2014)
BSc. Biochemistry, University of Ghana (Sept 2006 – July 2010)
Second Class, Upper division (2.1)
Post-Doctoral Research Associate – School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science (August 2019 to Present)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To conduct laboratory based collaborative research activities which support the development of a new range of health promoting products in partnership with Pharmapack
• I also have teaching experience and currently tutor in microbiology at Cardiff University ((concealed information)
Post-Doctoral Research Associate – School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science (May 2019 – July 2019)
• Researched into diagnostic tools for detecting tuberculosis.
Laboratory Research Technician – School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science (Oct. 2018- May 2019)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Designed and performed experiments aimed at identifying novel compounds from plant materials
• Supervised postgraduate students in various microbiology techniques and provide health and safety assessments.
• Ensured day-to-day running of the laboratory in procurement of laboratory reagents.
Tutor – Western Hills School of Nursing, Accra, Ghana (Oct. 2014 – Sept. 2015)
• Tutored in general microbiology, infection prevention and control
Research Assistant – Noguchi memorial Research Institute, University of Ghana (Aug. 2011 – Sept. 2015)
• Researched into the development of point-of-care test for Mycobacterium ulcerans. In this research, the loop mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) kit was evaluated. A novel DNA extraction method was developed which served as the template for LAMP evaluation.
• Provided training for undergraduate students and interns.
• Nicholas J. Tobias; Nana Ama Ammisah; Evans K. Ahortor; John R. Wallace; Anthony Ablordey and Timothy P. Stinear. Snapshot fecal survey of domestic animals in rural Ghana for Mycobacterium ulcerans. PeerJ 4:e2065; DOI 10.7717/peerj.2065
• Ablordey, A. S., Vandelannoote, K., Frimpong, I. A., Ahortor, E. K., Amissah, N. A., Eddyani, M., … & Stinear, T. P. (2015). Whole Genome Comparisons Suggest Random Distribution of Mycobacterium ulcerans Genotypes in a Buruli Ulcer Endemic Region of Ghana. PLoS Neglected Tropical Disease 9(3): e0003681.
Available upon request
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£9|