My teaching method is focused on the necessities and skills of the student. I work on two different levels, structure and expression. More specifically, structure refers to the backbone of the language, namely grammar and vocabulary. This focus is tailored to help the student develop a solid understanding of the Italian language and to sustain the student's vocabulary and grammar. At the same time, part of the lecture will be focused on conversation and communication through a variety of exercises tailored to the student's level.
PhD candidate in Social Anthropology with a demonstrated professional history in the teaching sector and in non-profit organizations. Strong education researcher with a Master of Science (MSc) from The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and a Bachelor’s Degree from The University of Bologna.
Mattia Donno | PhD Candidate
Location: Manchester, UK
PhD candidate in Social Anthropology with demonstrated professional history in the teaching sector and in non-profit organizations. Strong education researcher with a Master of Science (MSc) from The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and a Bachelor’s Degree from The University of Bologna.
September 2019 – Present
The University of Manchester | Department of Social Anthropology
Working as a teaching assistant for 1st and 2nd year undergraduate students in two semester courses: Introduction to Business Anthropology and Anthropology of Sex, Gender and Kinship. Employed to support the delivery of the course and enrich the learning process of students.
• Prepare and deliver tutorials for students
• Teaching and presenting concepts and anthropological methodologies.
• Construct and guide a stimulating discussion in the tutorial to enhance student’s leaning.
• Correcting and marking assignments, mid-term essays and final exams.
• Face to face tutoring and academic support to students.
• Perform administrative work for the course.
Programme Support & Fundraising Intern
May 2017 – December 2017
Working in an NGO office focused on promoting international volunteering and organizing development projects in the UK and overseas through a global network of partner organizations. Employed as a team member responsible for the arrangement of volunteering experiences as well as recruitment of volunteers, fundraising and promoting the value of volunteering.
• Programme support and administration for the projects organized by the NGO.
• Research of possible partners and projects.
• Research of funding bodies and opportunities for fundraising.
• Administration tasks and communication through social medias, emails and phone.
• Supporting the volunteers in their projects overseas.
• Creating portfolios and contents to enhance the visibility of the NGO and promote the experience of volunteering.
• Deliver presentation at promotion events.
January 2018 – Present
Working privately as a language tutor (Italian) for adults and children. Working depending on my availability on grammar, writing, reading and conversation.
September 2018 – Present
Working privately as a translator (Italian – English and English – Italian) specialized in academic translations but fully proficient in legal, medical and non-specific translations.
PhD Social Anthropology
September 2019 – Present
The University of Manchester
MSc Social Anthropology (2:1, 68% avg.)
September 2016 – November 2017
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Bachelor’s Degree Anthropology (110/110 cum Laude, 29,1/30 avg.)
September 2013 – July 2016
The University of Bologna
Competencies and qualifications
• Italian – Native
• English – Full professional proficiency
• Spanish – Advanced proficiency
• French – Intermediate proficiency
• Turkish – Intermediate Proficiency
• Volley Ball and Beach Volley Referee – September 2011 (Awarded)
• Scout Chief – September 2015/September 2016
• Scout Chief Assistant – September 2012/September 2015
• Microsoft Office – Full professional proficiency
• Social medias – Full professional proficiency
italian lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - italian lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - italian lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - italian lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£16||£16|
|5 hours||Not available||£70||£80|
|10 hours||Not available||£140||£160|