I am a PhD researcher in Environmental Engineering, with great passion for mathematics. I offer maths lessons to undergraduate and college students, as well as secondary and primary school pupils on some occasions.
I engage in student-centered teaching style, in that I establish background information on the student's knowledge of the particular topic before starting any tutorial class. In this sense, the approach I adopt for a particular topic, say algebra for instance, would be different for different students.
I have been giving lessons for a long time, basically since my secondary school days to my classmates. However, professionally I have been giving lessons for 10 years.
I have taught quite a number of students, on a one-on-one basis, I have had 10 students, with three having merits, while the others had distinctions in mathematics
Rates can be negotiated for secondary and primary school pupils
- B.Eng Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria (Upper Second Class)
- MSc (Eng) Environmental Engineering and Project Management, University of Leeds, United Kingdom (Distinction)
- PhD Environmental Engineering, University of Leeds (Ongoing)
- Leeds International Research Scholarship Award for my PhD research, at the University
of Leeds, UK, Jan. 2016 – Dec. 2018
- Commonwealth Scholarship Award for my MSc programme, at the University of Leeds,
- Best Paper Award at the 9th International Conference on Researches in Engineering,
Technology and Sciences (ICRETS) 2015, Imperial College London, awarded by the
Global Research and Development Services.
- Best Student, MSc Environmental Engineering and Project Management in 2013/2014
academic session, awarded by the University of Leeds, December, 2014.
- Best Academic Graduating Crew Member of the University Campus Radio (Search FM
92.3) for the year 2011, awarded by the Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger
State, Nigeria, June, 2012.
- Best Female Delegate at the 5th Nigerian International Model United Nations
(NIGIMUN) conference for tertiary institutions, Abuja, Nigeria, 30th Nov. – 3rd Dec.,
2009. Sponsored by the Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger State, Nigeria.
- Elf petroleum Nigeria Limited (EPNL) merit scholarship 2006/2007, 2006 – 2010.
- Second Annual Global Model United Nations Conference attendance grant, Kuala Lumpur, 14 – 18 August, 2010, Sponsored by the Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria.
- Produce personal lesson plan for secondary school students under my tutelage
- Agree on lesson days with the students based on their holiday time timetable
- Teach and grade assignments with appropriate feed-backs
- Assist students with school work problems during term time consultations
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|