I approach tutoring by working out examples starting from simple problems that require knowledge of few theoretical concepts, to more complex situation where the student might require awareness of tools from other subjects. I treat my students with the highest respect and I am open to work out any type of question and address specific knowledge that is needed but the student is not aware of.
I am a Chemical Engineer with a Master of Engineering and currently working towards completion of my PhD in Mathematical Modelling of Chemical Reactors. I have been tutoring privately for two years with one student helping her progressing from Level 2 to Level 3 of the Chemical Engineering course.
A small fee might be charged if travel to the student location is very time consuming (i.e. more than 30 min).
Upfront paid lessons will be 100% refunded if cancellation advice is given up to 48 hours before the start of the lesson. For advice within shorter period of time a fee of 50% of the rate will be charged.
2017 – 2020 University of Leeds PhD Chemical Engineering
2007 – 2009 National University of Mexico MEng Chemical Engineering
Teaching assistant, University of Leeds, Jan 2017 – Current
• Engaged with undergraduate students training in a range of technical subjects and software skills with focus on the Chemical Engineering syllabus, including Energy & Mass Balance, Thermodynamics, Heat & Momentum transfer.
PhD, University of Leeds, Jan 2017 – Current
• Applied gPROMS Model Builder to research the modelling of heterogeneous reactors with in-situ adsorption to represent Advanced Reforming Processes for hydrogen production.
• Implemented gPROMS models to assess kinetic models of non-catalytic reactions.
• Developed studies of heat transfer in fixed beds with single and two types of packings including the numerical analysis and implementation in Python of algorithms based on the Finite Differences Method and the Method of Characteristics.
• Investigated the operating window of the main parameters of the reactor using Aspen Plus.
Perfect! Erik's way of explaining is really detailed and allowed me to gain more in-depth knowledge of the way the simulation environment works.
Shana is a very resilient student and picks up things quickly. It was interesting getting to work with her.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|