My teaching method are based on the tutee understanding the concept he wishes to learn, rather than memorising it. I have used and continue to use this method and believe that this method increases your information retention ability. I have used this technique while previously tutoring and have won best tutor awards in numerous occasions - see Linkedin for details
I am a PhD student at the University of Oxford, researching into risk factors associated with prostate cancer. Prior to this, I did my undergraduate degree at Kingston University, achieving a first class and also finishing as the best student in the department. I have also been a tutor for Studybuddy UK for 2 years, while doing my undergrad. I can teach science, maths, english and social sciences.
University of Oxford
DPhil in Oncology January 2018 - Present
Kingston University London (1st class)
Bachelor (Hons) of Biomedical Sciences September 2014 -June 2017
ISS International School, Singapore August 2010 – May 2012
High school (IB Diploma)
Vidyodaya Public School, Kochi, Kerala June 1999 – March 2010
Until CBSE grade 10
1. The Dept of Biomolecular Sciences prize for best student performance:
Awarded to highest performing student in Biomedical sciences.
2. The Society for Endocrinology Prize Undergraduate Achievement Award:
Awarded to student with the best endocrine-themed final year project. My project investigated the effect of miRNA targeting specific SPARC isoforms in Pancreatic Cancer.
3. Two-time winner of the best poster prize in Biomedical Sciences department annual competition
• Was one of the first members of Studybuddy; a tutoring agency, which hires university students as tutors.
• Taught various students from year 2 to year 10.
• Taught subjects including Mathematics, Science, English, Spanish, Humanities, IT.
• Was awarded the best tutor award, “Studybuddy of the month” for excellent tutoring feedback from the students and parents.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|