I deliver my lessons explicitly, I answer to any questions that you may have in regard to Psychology and Statistics (SPSS).
I am passionate for Research and my motivation influences others to graduate with very good grades for their assignments and final year projects. I also discuss the opportunity for anyone to pursue careers in Research/Academia.
Length of a lesson - 1 hour
PhD student (3rd year) in Cognitive Neuroscience
Professional Certificate in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (coming soon)
I have a BSc Psychology degree
I have been working as Associate Lecturer in my University since 2019.
All ages and levels are welcomed :)
I have developed and conducted experimental tasks as part of my PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience that will help people to understand better the molecular mechanisms of Visual attention, Visual search, Eye-movement, and Cognitive Vision and to provide novel treatments in Neurofeedback Therapy.
• I am currently working as Research Officer/Assistant (flexible hours- part-time) for 3 projects 1) Rewild my street, 2) COVID-19 vaccination hesitancy for UNICEF, 3) Social signals and Feedback.
Since October 2019, I have designed and developed my PhD thesis regarding Visual Attention. I am combining Electroencephalography (EEG), Eye-tracking, and Blood Pressure devices with BASS Stress Inventory. I have developed 4 tasks on Testable software for Attention Blink, Visual Search, Visual Memory and Cognitive Speed (TESTABLE - Create experiments | Recruit participants) and I am also running our NeuroCognitive Lab at London Metropolitan University. My PhD research title is Development process in Visual attention Cognition and Well-being.
• On the 3rd year of my BSc in Psychology, I volunteered as a Research Assistant. The objective was to find correlations between personality traits and academic progress. We took the following steps for the procedure: 1) We recruited at least 150 participants, 2) We had to make a formal induction to the research that they were about to take part in, 3) We inserted all the data in the SPSS for analysis. It was one of the most challenging jobs I have ever done as I had to improve my social and persuasive skills.
Psychological Experiment (Quantitative Methods)
• Regarding my dissertation in my BSc Psychology, I chose to make a more challenging task rather than using only a personality questionnaire to identify personality traits and behaviours. Specifically, I created the Attentional Blink Task in SuperLab program which I learned in the 2nd year of Psychology, and I found it very exciting. As soon as I perfectly completed the task by myself, I realised that I should chase these computational skills and mix them within neuroscience and robotics. I have recruited and collected data from 120 participants and used MANOVA in SPSS to analyse the data from 3 groups (caffeine consumers- nicotine consumers- control/healthy group). My aim was to test whether caffeine and nicotine which are cognitive enhancers are also influencing positively or negatively sustained attention. In addition, my BSc dissertation is on the way to get published in Journal of Visual Cognition.
• I am a very ambitious and quick learning person. I also have my eyes on Grover's algorithm which will be used in quantum technology computers (another field that fascinates me too and I want to absorb as much information as I can to go on the next stage on computing). On the side of my PhD, I am also developing an Artificial Intelligent robot that will have visual and speech recognition so it can become an AI Psychologist. For this project I am using the Jetson Nano from NVIDIA developer kit. I was born in Greece and a factor that influenced me during my journey in Psychology BSc is Ancient Greece where people used to be incredibly skilled in different disciplines (i.e. Aristotle contributed in Physics, Biology, Mathematics, Astronomy, Theatre, Logic, Ethos, Theatre, Poetry). They used their both sides of the brain, and that made them highly intelligent. I want to pursue the same path as they did, and I do not want to stop only in Psychology but also expand and absorb my knowledge in various fields such as Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence. I have already mastered and continue mastering in sports and arts such as basketball (captain), football (captain), volleyball, handball and acting which also makes me an excellent team member and team leader.
• I believe that Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience, and Artificial Intelligence create a huge chance for me to develop an intelligent existence which will help people in later years and reach and see consciously and physically where a human cannot. I want to become a successful scientist/researcher that will have a multidisciplinary knowledge which your company will help me to achieve. In exchange I will share all my scientific skills and knowledge as well as hard work to your company too. Finally, I want to contribute to the world for the next generation.
psychology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sport psychology lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£250|