I believe in simplifying the science concepts based on everyday experiences, then building up on those basics, stressing on the kind of questions that examiners ask, what variations of the questions one can be examined on, and giving time to read/practice and come back with problems.
I have more than 3 years of experience teaching Science and Maths to students of GCSE and GCSE-A level. I have taught about 20 students in 1 on 1 tutoring classes or group sessions, hence have experience with managing problems, targeting exams and improving the fundamental concepts of science/maths.
PhD(2017-) (University of Sheffield, UK): Research project with Prof. Jamie K. Hobbs (Physics and Astronomy) and Prof. Jon R. Sayers (Infection, Immunity and Cardiovascular Diseases)
M.Sc.(Hons) Biotechnology (2014-2016) and B.Sc.(Hons) Biotechnology (2011-2014) from Panjab University, India with 73.3% and 75.6% score respectively. During my Masters, I was assessed for a research project with Dr. Jagtar Singh at the Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University. I was awarded the Gold medal for scoring the highest percentage in the University during my B.Sc. Hons.
GCSE-A level (2010-2011) and GCSE level (2008-2009) from Auckland House School, India with a score of 89% and 94.8% respectively. I was the School topper for both the courses.
English / Science / Mathematics teacher: During my studies and work, developed transferable skills like time management, versatility, team management, adaptability, commitment, organising skills, written and vocal communication skills, research aptitude, etc. I have tutored as/at:
1. Private tutor (GCSE-A level and GCSE level) (years 2013-2015)
2. La Excelante Academy (India) year 2015-2016 for Science (GCSE-A level)
3. Brilliant Coaching Centre (India) during the year 2015-2016 (GCSE level)
4. A.S. Vidyamandir, India (GCSE-A level, GCSE level and Pre-Medical Entrance Exam preparation) 2016.
5. Education Utopia, India. year 2016-2017.
1. Debates, Elocution, Extempore: won prizes at the inter-school, inter-college, state and national level
2. Paper/ PowerPoint presentation: won prizes at the inter-school level
3. Dramatics Active participation, won Best Dramatist Award at school
4. Quiz: won prizes at the inter-House, inter-School, University and State level.
5. Painting: won prizes at the state and national level
6. Creative Writing; won prizes at the state and national level
7. Sports: won prizes in Track events, Chess
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|