An experienced Private Tutor, retired Senior Lecturer, Wolverhampton University
Formerly at Cambridge and Edinburgh Universities
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Computer Science, Study Skills
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MA ( Trinity College, Cambridge ) Physics
MSc ( Aston) Computer Science
Enhanced Disclosure / PVG (via STEM Ambassadors' Scheme))
- How much do you charge?
basic £25 per hour
If two tutees together, £35 per hour
extra (negotiable) for travel if outwith Dunfermline area
- Where do you teach?
At student's home
at my own home ( Dunfermline)
- When are you available?
usually late afternoon/evening in term, and occasional weekends
anytime during school vacations
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Standard ( e.g. 14 plus)
Highers (e.g. 15 plus)
Advanced Highers (e.g. 16 +)
also GCSE/GCE/IntBacc. equivalents
Professional qualifications in science
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Scottish Standard/Highers/Advanced Highers
GCE Advanced ( AS, A2, "Scholarship"/University Admission)
Undergraduate (BA, MA, MSci, BSc. MEng, MMaths etc)
Professional Qualifications in Science
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
On-line possible, but face-to-face preferred
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I am a very experienced tutor.
I have great patience and understanding, with imagination and a good sense of humour
- What kind of experience do you have?
Many years of HE teaching (Physics, Computer Science)
Many years of Private Tution ( GCSE, AS and A2 level; Highers and Advanced Highers, undergraduate)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
(Scottish Equivalent) via STEM Ambassador Scheme
- Where and with whom did you train?
Trinity College, Cambridge University
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Institute of Physics (MInstP, CPhys)
Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Ordinary Maths, Physics, Chemistry
Higher Physics, Maths, Chemistry
Advanced Higher / "A" level Physics, Maths, Chemistry
BSc Computer Science ( Heriot Watt)
• MA Cambridge: Physics 2:1
• PVG (Scotland)
• IoP, HEA
tenor horn lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|