My teaching style is very flexible, we can work together weekly, using your textbooks and syllabus for upcoming exams to find your style of learning and practise for improved exam results. Or we can look at some phenomena outside of your regular class syllabus, helping you get a head start on the next year. These styles aren't mutually exclusive and we'll probably switch focus depending on the time of year! I enjoy tailoring to the style of learning that suits you, so we'll probably work in ten-minute chunks and switch tasks regularly to keep it interesting and trial out different ways of learning.
I am a Physics graduate and Content Writer who taught in Hong Kong for a year, where I tutored a 3 & 8 year old in English, 100 Applied Science students in a college of 6000 and taught careers advice. Two of my students achieved a full scholarship to university in the UK (out of 10 available across HK that year!). I've also taught Scottish Country Dance (4-25 years old, beginner to advanced), Functional English for refugees and Storytelling for Autistic 7-8 year olds. I have experience with selectively mute and disabled children.
I would like my classes to be affordable, if you are a low income household please let me know and we can arrange a reduced fee.
Cancellation policy: please contact me at least 24 hours before the session to cancel or pay half fees for a no show.
I am a UK based Physics graduate with lots of rich and varied experience in Education. My experience with students includes promoting cultural exchanges in challenging situations while working within small teams of committed colleagues. I am searching for a role where I can give back to the community through education.
CNET & English Facilitator at Chatteris Educational Foundation NGO, Hong Kong August 2018 – June 2019
• Native English Tutor at Sha Tin Vocational Training College Applied Sciences dept. increased STEM student engagement by 30% in one year through targeted workshops, tutorials, and outreach.
• Supported 10 students in UK University funding applications, 2 won places out of 15 places across Hong Kong.
• Achieved increased student engagement using interactive presentations while discussing Nursing Interventions, CVs, personal statements, and presentation skills.
• Contributed to the company blog, and volunteer schemes as discussed below.
House Parent at Cambridge Academy of English, Cambridge July – August 2019
• Actively ensured welfare of 77, 12 – 15 year olds at CAE’s annual English as a Foreign Language summer school, responsible pastorally for the girls and a first point of contact during evening hours.
• Created a fun, inclusive atmosphere in social activities including cookery, sports, team building and quizzes.
Volunteering, Heep Hong & Crossroads, Hong Kong December 2018 – March 2019
• Delivered interactive storytelling classes in a safe and open environment at the Heep Hong STAR Resource Centre, delivered storytelling classes encouraging Special Educational Needs Primary students to express themselves. Mostly worked with severely autistic 7-8 year old students.
• Supported refugees in functional English classes at Crossroads International
Debates Facilitator at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong October - December 2018
• Co-facilitated debates club at HK PolyU. Lead discussions and guided students through forming arguments, rebuttals and format of debating styles.
• Navigated students through difficult subjects, while maintaining an open and culturally sensitive dialogue.
Teacher, Scottish Country Dance, Glasgow University and Alumni January 2017 – August 2018
• Talent spotted, taught weekly Beginners & Intermediates classes for the University club
• Choreographed demonstrations for 5-15-year-old Children’s class, including a selectively mute child.
• Demonstrated, placed 2nd in national competition.
• Class representative at Advanced Joint Venture classes.
Other Work Experience
Content Executive & Admin Assistant at McKinlay Kidd Tour Operator, Glasgow June - September 2017 | June-August 2018 | December 2019 – July 2020
• Professional client communication via telephone, email and in person deliveries.
• Implemented a new Excel spreadsheet for time management which became an office tool.
• Conducted product research and presented findings to research team leader.
• Write content for client holiday packages and website copy, maintained content for style and accuracy.
Waitress at Castlegate Tearoom & Beadlam Grange Farm Shop August-November 2019 | May 2015 – August 2018
• Actively involved in customer services; providing a warm welcome, taking orders, preparing food/drinks and handling payments as well as competently dealing with any complaints leading to Excellent ratings.
Officer Cadet, Glasgow and Strathclyde University Officer Training Corps September 2014 - March 2016
• Excellent presentation, time management and efforts in recruitment, on exercise and guard duties, rewarded for efforts with a ski trip and a battlefield guided tour abroad.
BSc Hons Physics, 2.2, University of Glasgow September 2014-June 2018
A-Levels, Lady Lumley’s 6th Form
September 2012-June 2014
BBCC: Chemistry, General Studies, Maths, Physics
AS-Level: C: German
Skills & Abilities
PVG scheme member
Full, Clean, Category B UK Driver’s License
Mod A Basic Solider Training
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking school science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|