I am a current student providing instruction in Physics and Maths to students at A-level and below. I am happy to focus on specific areas of concern or more general subject knowledge. I believe the key to teaching is to ensure students leave with a good understanding of the subject, not just having memorised facts and figures! Therefore, this is how I tend to focus my style.
I am a final year Physics student graduating in June with an expected 2:1. I have volunteered with young people for many years and currently work as a trainer to adult staff at the university. I have informally tutored people at GCSE level in the past.
The rate shown is for GCSE level tutoring and below, for A-level the rate is £12 an hour.
Currently in my final year, reading Physics at the University of Hertfordshire. I am organised and self-motivated with excellent attention to detail and can work well as part of a team or on my own.
UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE PHYSICS(BSC), EXPECTING 2:1 September 2015 – Present | Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Past Modules (work already completed)
• Programming (with a focus on Python), Applications of Computing (with a focus on Matlab).
• Practical experience gained in Laboratory Physics, Electromagnetism & Optical Physics, and Thermal & Condensed Matter Physics. This involved working in a laboratory environment on assorted practical experiments, error analysis, and report writing where required.
• Good mathematical skills further developed in Mathematical Techniques 1 and 2
Current Modules (studying in 2018/2019)
• Computational Physics, Space Dynamics (with a deeper focus on Matlab and Python), and Contemporary
Quantum Physics (with a focus on Maple).
• Experience as working as part of a group in Rocket Performance & Propulsion on a project on Space and the Environment.
• Practical laboratory experience from Waves & Fluids.
• Dissertation researching Monte-Carlo simulation of X-ray scattering in Python.
• Knowledge of the Space Industry through Rocket Performance & Propulsion and Space Dynamics (including a group project planning a Mars mission)
• A focus on Mathematics and trigonometry in Dynamics and Geometry
UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE | STUDENT TECHNOLOGY MENTOR May 2018 - Present
In this role, I am responsible for assisting staff in learning a new IT system and transferring content. This involves data handling, one-on-one teaching sessions with academic staff, helping with larger workshops, and problem-solving. Our team has recently been nominated for the Vice Chancellor’s Awards at the University of Hertfordshire. As a result of this position, I have been invited to talk at a conference on student/staff working relationships in June.
LEADERSHIP AND ORGANISATION
• Created work schedule for Rocket Performance & Propulsion group project by balancing other individuals’ schedules and allowing for time around deadlines to create a realistic and punctual plan.
• Completed Girlguiding UK Leadership Qualification which includes First Aid qualifications, an enhanced DBS check, and financial management of a unit.
• Planned meetings and residential holidays/trips for Girl Guiding. I am now working towards my full Residential Holiday License.
COMMUNICATION AND TEAMWORK
• Working as part of a team on a group project in the Rocket Performance & Propulsion module allowed me to gain experience in working effectively in a group dynamic.
• Communicating efficiently with children, parents, and fellow leaders within Girlguiding is an important part of my role alongside adhering to data protection regulations.
• Experience working in Python, Matlab, and Maple
• Technical and experimental report writing experience in LaTex.
• Strong numerical, logical, and analytical skills.
I have been involved with Girlguiding for over fourteen years. I have been a leader at a Brownie unit since 2008 and a Guide unit since 2014. This has involved running and helping at weekly Brownie and Guide sessions, being a part of the planning team for the upcoming term’s activities, attending and organising holidays and camps with Brownies and Guides (aged from 7 to 14). I have completed my Leadership Qualification inclusive of first aid and safe space training.
CHALLENGES AND AWARDS
UK SENIOR MATHEMATICAL CHALLENGE 2014 SILVER CERTIFICATE
BRITISH PHYSICS OLYMPIAD A2 CHALLENGE 2014/15 COMMENDATION
BRITISH PHYSICS OLYMPIAD AS CHALLENGE 2013/14 TOP BRONZE
Excellent! Very meticulous and organised in her tutoring, she helped improving confidence in Mathematics.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£13||£10|