I believe in creating an atmosphere of trust with my students. In all my years of teaching, I have found that such an atmosphere allows the student to voice out any fears or concerns they may have in the process learning their craft. I structure lessons according to the needs of each student. My teaching focusses on building strong technical skills and unlocking the creativity of the student.
I am a pianist and budding ethnomusicologist with a BMus from Bangor University and am currently doing a postgraduate course in music in London. I have been teaching the piano since 2012 - privately and in music schools. I have taught students of all ages, ranging from 4 years to 60 years!
In case of cancellation of a lesson on my end, I will notify the student well in advance and will do my best to reschedule the lesson. In case of cancellation of a lesson on the student's end, I should be informed at least 2 hours in advance so that I do not waste time or money on travel. If the student fails to do so, they will still be charged for the lesson.
• September 2018 – present – MA in Music (Ethnomusicology), Goldsmiths, University of London
• 2014-2017 – BMus (1st Class Hons). 3-year degree course. School of Music, Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd.
Year Two modules:
Musicology (dissertation), Solo Performance, Manuel de Falla, Debussy and Ravel, Fusion Ensemble, Seven Women Jazz Musicians, Music in the Community, Harmony and Counterpoint.
Year Three modules: Ethnomusicology (dissertation), Music in the Community (dissertation), Arts Administration, The Beatles, Teaching Techniques, Minimalism, 20th Century Women Composers, Brazilian Music and Culture.
• 2007-2010 – B.A., 3-year degree course (General). Salt Christian College, Dimapur, Nagaland (In 2010, I achieved the highest percentage in my degree result in the entire state of Nagaland).
• October 2017-June2018 – Piano Teacher (teaching students of all ages) and Social Media Co-ordinator. Mountain Music Academy, Dimapur-797112, Nagaland, India.
Duties as a teacher included: Music administration, accompanying performers, soloist during the academy’s public events.
Duties as a social media co-ordinator included: maintaining the academy’s website and social media pages (Facebook and Instagram), managing the publicity of the academy’s events, taking photographs for the academy’s events (concerts, workshops, recitals).
• January 2013-May 2014 – Piano Teacher (Teaching students of all ages). Mountain Music Academy, Dimapur-797112, Nagaland, India.
Duties included: Music administration, accompanying performers, soloist during the Academy’s public events.
• October 2011-November 2012 – Piano Teacher (Teaching students of all ages). Symphony School of Music, Kohima-797001, Nagaland, India.
Duties included: Music administration, accompanying duties, soloist during
school events (including television broadcasts).
• January 2008-October 2012 – Pianist/Accompanist. Kohima Ao Baptist Church, Kohima, Nagaland, India.
Duties included: Accompanying worship services, accompanying the Church Choir during outside performances, missions.
• January 2007-October 2012 – Keyboardist of church worship team and The Repairers of the Broken Wall worship ministry/band. Kohima Ao Baptist Church, Kohima, Nagaland, India.
Duties included: Organising rehearsals/concerts for the band in various churches and concert halls, organising ministry mission trips.
• 2010 – A finalist in a piano competition organised in Kohima, Nagaland.
• 2010-2012 – Solo performances in church events/concerts.
• 2011-2012 – Performances in music school concerts including a live television broadcast.
• August 2013 – Piano duet performance in annual Mountain Music Academy concert.
• September 2014-May 2015 – Performances in university concerts as a member of the University Chorus.
• December 2014 – Piano performance at Kyffin Café, Bangor.
• March, 2016 – Performance with Fusion Ensemble Group (School of Music) at the Bangor New Music Festival.
• March, 2016 – Performance with Fusion Ensemble Group (School of Music) in Oriel Gallery, Deiniol Shopping Centre, Bangor.
• November, 2016 – Performance in School of Music in Oxum, a live music and film event.
• February, 2017 – Organised a lunchtime concert in Storiel Museum and Art Gallery, Bangor, as part of my Music in the Community final year dissertation.
Tasks included: Co-ordinating the event with museum staff, organising rehearsals for the Fusion Ensemble group who played in the concert, advertising the event through social media (Facebook) and posters I designed for the event.
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||Not available|