Enthusiastic and supportive teacher for all levels and ages.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Piano and Music Theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a Piano Diploma (Distinction, First Prize, 2003) from the State Conservatory of Thessaloniki and a Bachelor Degree in piano and educational skills (Excelent, 9.53/10, 2005) from the University of Macedonia, Greece.
In 2005 I was awarded a scholarship to study with Yonty Solomon at the Royal College of Music, London and I graduated in 2007 with a Masters Degree in Advanced Piano Performance (Distinction).
I also hold a PhD in Piano Performance Practice from Goldsmiths, University of London.
- How much do you charge?
The price I charge is 40 pounds for an hour, 35 for 45 minutes. I would be happy to give a half price consultation lesson.
- Where do you teach?
I teach in my house, three minutes walk from Blackhorse Road station, on my new Yamaha C2X grand pa
- When are you available?
I normally teach Monday to Friday, morning or afternoon.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
My students vary from six-year old children to adults and from beginners to diploma level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
All ABRSM and Trinity-Guildhall grades and diplomas. I can also help students prepare for entry auditions in the leading conservatoires.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I regard myself as a very patient and enthusiastic teacher who would be happy to adapt his teaching methods to each student separately, in order to make them enjoy practising and learning the piano. I believe that everyone has the potential to become a very good pianist, as long as someone gives them the right motivation.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been giving private piano lessons since 2003 and worked in various schools in London and Barcelona since 2008. I have prepared several students for the ABRSM exams, and all of them have had very good results. Currently I teach piano at Morley College and City Lit,
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
My teachers include the late Yonty Solomon, Kathron Sturrock and Andrew Zolinsky.
• MMus in Advanced Piano Performance, Royal College of Music, Distinction
• PhD in Piano Performance Practice, Goldsmiths, University of London
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£45||Not available||Not available|