GENERAL* 1HR LESSON PLAN
· 5 minutes: Warm Up & Sight Reading
· 15 minutes: Technical Work - Scales, Arpeggios, Chords, Etudes & Tone
· 20 minutes: Jazz & Popular Music Skills - Chord Reading, Improvisation, Musicality, Transcription, Theory & Ear Training
· 20 minutes: Pieces - Full Scores, Note Reading, Theory, Grades 1-8 (if desired)
*This lesson plan can be adapted to suit the individual's needs.
· Luke Cunningham Private Tutor, May 2017 - ongoing
· Merchiston Castle School, Oct 2019 - ongoing
· Lamp House Music School, Oct 2016 - Dec 2019
· Most Entertaining Private Student Agency, Feb 2015 - Dev 2018
· Edinburgh City Council, Carrickvale Community Centre, Group Keyboard Classes, Sept 2017 - Dec 2017
· Rock & Pop School Scotland, Glasgow, Feb 2013 - Feb 2017
· Big Hearts, Hearts Football Club, Summer 2016
· Windsor Mountain International Summer Camp, US Summer Camp, Summer 2014 & 2015
I currently live in Edinburgh working full-time as a music tutor and performing musician. I graduated with a BA in Popular Music from Edinburgh Napier University where I was able to hone my craft composing, performing, improvising, and training on the piano and guitar. I have surrounded myself among many great musicians and other piano teachers who keep me inspired and on top of my game.
Jazz and popular music is my specialty however, I was classically trained via the ABRSM and Trinity College London grades and love Bartok, Schumann, Debussy, and Chopin to name a few. Each individual person has their own desires and reasons for playing music so I do not simply teach from a single textbook. I value good technique and understanding of music theory but also seek to inspire and foster creativity. I have spent countless hours and hundreds of pounds researching music books and teaching methods so I am fully equipped to tailor my lessons to each individual student's aims allowing them to love playing music while developing their technical skillset.
At present, I work for Merchiston Castle School as their Jazz piano teacher. I also have my own students as a private music teacher here at my home, online, or at their homes. I also work with three live performance agencies, WooHoo, Banana Row, and Music For Scotland. They send me bookings for performances at weddings, parties, corporate and private events across Scotland and the UK.
I am continually writing and developing material for various singles and albums of instrumental jazz and modern neo-soul music. This has led to performances at the Jazz Bar in Edinburgh, tours of the UK, and performances in festivals.
Another creative outlet that I spend time working on is my variety performance show, a combination of magic and music mixed in with comedy, to be performed each year as a part of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest musical keyboard lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, jazz piano lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|