I want to develop the creativity, imagination and love of music in all my students.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach classical piano, improvisation and music theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a B.Mus. degree.
- How much do you charge?
My fee is £50.00 per hour. There is a preliminary assessment for which there's no charge.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my home in Ladbroke Grove.
- When are you available?
My lesson times are Monday - Friday during term time.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I enjoy teaching at all ages and levels. Adult beginners are especially welcome.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare students for ABRSM exams from Preparatory Test through Grade 8.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
The music exists for the students, not the other way around.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I've taught for several years privately and have experience in accompanying and recital work.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have an Enhanced DBS.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained with Mary Lehigh, a well-known recitalist in Southern California from the Juilliard School of Music. My University professor was John Robertson, who trained at the Paris Conservatory with Nadia Boulanger.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I'm a Fellow of the Incorporated Society of Musicians, and a member of the Institute of Ideas - Education Forum.
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£50||£50||Not available|