I have always loved playing the piano since an early age. I have extensive experience as a teacher, performer and accompanist. I have a holistic approach to music education and am passionate about learning and development.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach classical piano and music theory to students of all levels and all ages. I am also available as an accompanist and performer.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I achieved First Class Honours in my BMus Performance (Piano) from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. For the last year I have been studying as a Master of Performance student at the UniversitÃ¤t der KÃ¼nste in Berlin with a distinguished pedagogue Elena Lapitskaja. I achieved a Distinction in the ABRSM Grade 8 exam several years ago and as a part of my course have completed a module in Teaching and Musical Education.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £35 per hour and £20 for half an hour.
- Where do you teach?
I can teach at home in 53B Babington Road, Streatham, SW16 6AP. Alternatively I am able to travel around London.
- When are you available?
I am very flexible and am willing to teach on weekends as well as weekdays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I enjoy teaching students of all ages and of all levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I have prepared students for the ABRSM examinations.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching piano for over five years. My students range in ages and levels. At the moment I enjoy a busy schedule teaching both privately and in music schools.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Recently I have been working with a lot of younger students aged 5-7. I find the experience very interesting and having studied many different teaching techniques, including Kodaly, Orff and Dalcroze, I find an approach that best suits each individual learner.
• Scholarship Student at Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and Universitat der Kunst Berlin
• Currently studying for an MMus in Piano Performance at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (formerly known as the RSAMD)
• Member of the PVG Scheme verified by Disclosure Scotland
• (concealed information)
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£35||£35||Not available|