In class, I rely on a good relationship with students and like to reassure students that there are no bad questions and that their lessons with me are where the mistakes should happen. I like to think I am a serious but friendly tutor, I avoid any intimidation and believe that praise is key to a students confidence.
I am a Second-year Politics and Sociology student at the University of Warwick. I have been a tutor for 6 years now, and have experience working with children of all ages, including those with severe learning disabilities. I have studied English at A level and have continued Sociology to university level.
University of Warwick (Sept 2019 – Present)
Bachelor of Arts joint degree in Politics and Sociology (Second Year)
First Year Grade: 2:1
Drayton Manor High School — A-Level Sept 2017 – June 2019
Government and Politics (A) Sociology (C) English (C) [Mitigating Circumstances]
Dormers Wells High School — GCSE Sept 2012 – June 2017
1A* 4A 4B
FEB 2021 - CURRENT
● Online tutoring of students at GCSE level in Maths and English language/literature
AUG 2015 - AUG 2019
● I ran my own private tutoring business, comprised of 7 students with weekly sessions alongside my A-levels
● Tutored several underprivileged children from the ages of 4-16 in Math, English, and Sociology.
● This improved my creativity to keep the children interested and engaged, which was a challenge as two children have learning difficulties.
AUG - SEPT 2019
● Cleaning an entire restaurant in the morning and evenings required careful time management skills
● Being a dishwasher meant I had to stay organised and methodical to ensure there was enough cutlery to serve
○ Vice President of Warwick Somali Society
SEPT 2020 - CURRENT
- I am responsible for oversight in the societies running as a whole and communication within the committee between the members. I also help each member of the committee when needed, requiring me to be versatile.
○ Social Secretary of Warwick Multicultural Society
AUG 2020 - CURRENT
- I am in charge of arranging social/academic events during a global pandemic, which required me to utilize my administration and creativity skills as well
○ Sports Captain at Warwick Islamic Society
SEPT 2020 - CURRENT
○ NCS Social Action - Youth Board Member
SEPT 2017 - MAY 2018
- Created an event focused on political awareness as a charity event
- Developed my organisation and teamwork skills, as well as time management.
○ Mind UK
- Volunteered at runs at stands.
○ Teach First
- Helping at a run stop-point on a 10k run.
MAY 2015 - SEP 2015
- Helping a 9-year-old with her homework each weekend in a volunteer capacity privately.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£16||£12|