The nature of teaching is explaining to someone in a detailed coherent way how to understand the topic in front of them. Showing differing pieces of information which lead up to a larger picture, where the person learning should feel comfortable asking questions and critically analysing the topic, which is how I have always approached it. Most people are visual, kinetic or auditory learners, and I believe it is up to the tutor to cater to those needs.
I am a second-year student at the University of Plymouth, where I study a degree in Politics with History, from France. I was an active member of a peer mentoring program in my sixth form, helping others in history for their A-level/ GCSE exams.
• A-Level: French (C), History (C), English Literature (C), and English Language(C).
• AS-level Art & design(A).
• The Brevet (Mentions Bien) (French GCSE equivalent qualification).
• GCSE: English Literature(B), English Language(A*), Maths(C), Art & Design(A*), Geography(C), Religious Studies(C), History(B) and French(A*).
Skillset and Experience
• Taken on by a political party for an internship, involving high levels of organisation and the need to be reliable due to confidential information being processed.
• Have been a good organiser and was the ‘The Campaign Co-ordinator’ for a university society.
• Have been part of several sophisticated projects, involving reports and presentations during which my goal was to create team-spirit and cohesion.
• Was an active member in a peer mentoring and leadership program focused on teaching younger students’ ways to better understand, revise and apply knowledge on their course. Moreover, I oversaw other’s progress and behaviour in group dynamics, as well as the Peer Mentor’s behaviour and ability to interact with others.
• Fluent French speaker and have been in a French writing competition organised by the late writer/ radio-show presenter Pierre Bellemare, being in the top for 5 for two consequent years.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, current affairs lessons for all!
Taking politics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£8||Not available|