My methodology is based on my experiences within Spanish speaking countries (principally Spain and Mexico), equipping students with the grammar and confidence necessary to use Spanish day to day, rather than it remaining a purely academic exercise. What makes my offer unique is that rather than being born native, I have had to learn Spanish myself and found a method that really works - not just for me - but for my students also. We cover only the most relevant and useful, so this is not your standard high school class. From the get go we will touch on every aspect needed for mastery of this language; reading / writing / speaking and listening all the while making this interesting for you by covering topics you want or would learn about in your native language anyway. I have become frustrated with the amount of students that have spent many hours studying Spanish but are not able to have basic conversations. With my classes you will do better than that, just ask my past students!
Hi there, my name is Alasdair and I consider myself a bit of a Polyglot, having been able to learn French, Spanish and Portuguese to a fluent / native level over a short period using non-traditional and (what I consider to be) far more interesting teaching methods. My methods right from the beginning will allow you to learn and apply simultaneously, all within relevant settings and within a timescale that is fitting to your objective. The first step is to identify your 'end-goal'; what do you want to learn Spanish for? In which settings do you wish to use it? We can then devise a programme to get you there!
I have a diverse teaching experience working with children and adults both here in the UK and across the continent over the last 5 years, receiving excellent feedback and want to share the knowledge I have accumulated.
Classes are face to face or online.
As you will see from my CV, language tuition is not my main job. It is however my passion and I really enjoy helping my students to achieve their goals after initially telling me that they are "awful with languages." First we can have an introductory call for free, and if you like the sound of my methods, then we can talk around classes. Look forward to hearing from you and helping you on your journey! Un saludo, Alasdair
Highly driven and motivated Director of Transactional Banking and Liabilities. I deliver customer-led, bespoke solutions for my clients’ domestic and international cash management needs whilst driving new to bank client acquisition and managing the shape of the liabilities book in the Northwest. I initiate sales that I see through to implementation, thriving in a fast-paced setting, whilst maintaining a strong focus on continual development. Business - level Fluency in Spanish. Chartered Banker certified, ACT qualified (International Cash management), SWIFT and BACS training events and certification
Director Transaction Banking & Liabilities (2016 - Current)
- Lead originator role and product specialist, targeted at the delivery of complex solution across both Liquidity and Transaction Banking products. Actively contributing to balance sheet growth, proactively delivering new relationships and the ancillary income from new to bank customers
- Year 1 spent as Associate, gained promotion in 2017 (solid performance ratings maintained since beginning)
- Growth target to bring in £50 million in new client liabilities – Achieved 2018 target and travelling ahead of budget 2019
- Working alongside Relationship Directors to attract new to bank full service bank clients from my actively managed portfolio of prospects, engaging in targeted business development and leading meetings / conducting business process reviews, resulting in many clients making costs and or efficiency savings to existing processes (4 new to bank high income clients brought on 2019)
- Lead Origination and Implementation in UK for Santander’s multi bank online banking portal (managed out of Madrid). Brought on 10 new to bank clients in 2018, coordinated in- country setup and access to local payment systems for overseas subsidiaries, continually managing client expectations throughout, across multiple time zones
- Acting as the ‘go-to’ product specialist for multiple stakeholders (internal and external), including, but not limited to: origination teams, client coverage teams, middle office functions, customers and prospects, product teams, etc. to resolve any complex issues / queries
Santander Graduate Scheme (2015 – 2016) 18 months – 3 rotational placements
1. Marketing Manager (Cahoot)
- Launched in 2000, Cahoot operates as Santander UK's digital - based subsidiary bank, dealing largely with high net worth individuals.
- Worked alongside legal department to deliver 15 key changes to existing terms and conditions of a deposit account product. Excellent feedback received on my communication, engagement and focus
- Project managed the marketing side of relocation of the new head office for the group, coordinating with internal stakeholders to arrange mail redirections, phone number changeover, voice message recording changes, website re-launch and customer comms, all whilst minimising customer impact
2. Data Analyst (Santander)
- Lead data analyst on a 'time in motion project’ that spanned across all UK retail Contact Centres.
- Thorough analysis conducted and findings presented to senior management heads of contact centres weekly at a time when the future of the contact centres was being considered / transformed
- The results of my data analysis were used by senior management in the design and implementation of new training material (up to 10% efficiency savings predicted at time)
3. Branch Assistant Manager (Santander)
- Received on 2 months the highest number of customer appointments booked resulting in me taking the lead on upcoming maturity calls
- Employee of the month received in 4th month (of 6)
- Became fully competent at resolving customer disputes/ grievances, processing transactions and managing the ‘floor’ effectively – directing customers to appropriate colleagues, reducing waiting time and pressure on colleagues.
Director, Playtime in English, Murcia, Spain (2014-2015)
- Founded an English language teaching company which operated in the Murcia region of Spain after observing a lack of good quality English teaching in the region
- Grew client base to over 15 individuals and after 3 months this was my full time profession, taking on a teaching assistant to implement the programme that I designed
- Excellent feedback received and thrived on opportunity outside of ‘comfort zone’
Intern, TLT LLP, Bristol (2014)
- Internship in the Corporate Recovery and Insolvency dept. of a full service National law firm
- Researched into recently introduced pieces of legislation, and prepared summary documents for the department, detailing the pertinent changes
- Took on the responsibility of ensuring that a ‘request for information’ process was submitted to the Court, following the request from a colleague who had to attend an emergency meeting
- Contacted Barristers to discuss fees for cases and developed the art of negotiation as the week progressed
- Proof read a client letter for a colleague and identified a potentially expensive error
European Masters in Law & Economics LLM (2013-2014)
- Economic Analysis of Contracts - Economic Analysis of Corporate law
- Microeconomics - Competition Law and Economics
Cardiff Law School, Law LLB (First Class Honours)
- Contract Law - Intellectual Property Law
- Corporate Law - EU law
Radyr Comprehensive School, Cardiff, A levels (2007-2009)
- Economics: A - English Language & Literature: A
- Chemistry: A
References: Available upon request
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|