Who is your ideal student?
My ideal students are adults (+18) who are learning a language with specific goals oriented to their careers, studies or family.
I think that in language learning, there are two key aspects:
1. CONTEXT: I use authentic texts and audio-visual materials adapted to your level.
2. EMOTION: To fix your skills, you need a powerful motivation to learn this language, like a baby who learns their mother tongue.
Tell me your interests and motivation for learning this language, and I will give you the tools to achieve your goals.
In my lessons, I give special attention to the active skills: writing and speaking. And I give a lot of resources to let my students work independently in their passive skills: listening and reading. But I always adapt to my students.
Why are you learning this language? What are your interests and hobbies? And let’s book your first lesson!
My native language is Spanish and I can teach you Latin-American and European Spanish. Other than a traditional teacher, I consider myself a polyglot and a lifelong language student. I can speak English and French fluently but I also have studied Italian, German, Arabic and Japanese. And currently I’m learning Portuguese. Thanks to my experience as a language student, I've helped many students to achieve their language objectives.
What kind of teacher are you?
- A trained Translator and Interpreter
- A certified Spanish Examiner
- A language expert in International Business, Arts and Humanities.
The £5 cost of travel is for Central London and Zones 1-2. The cost of travel will be different depending on the location.
For specific-purpose lessons, like Business-orientated or DELE exam preparation, the cost of the lesson will increase up to £20.
For underage students, the lesson prices will increase.
If you arrange several students for the same lesson, the prices per students will decrease.
Relevant Work Experience
– Spanish Tutor, London, UK — September 2019–Today
– Freelance Illustrator, London, UK — July 2019–Today
Elaborate attractive content for students, thanks to my skills as a designer and visual artist.
– Freelance Teacher and Interpreter of Spanish, English and French — Murcia, Spain — Aug. 2016–March 2018
* Taught French and English B2 courses addressed to Spanish-speaking students.
* Taught Spanish to international students in private lessons and online via Skype.
* Translated oral communications between English/French-speaking and Spanish-speaking parties during asylum claim interviews and legal proceedings at the Local Tribunals.
– Private Teacher of Spanish, Paris, France — Feb. 2010–Jun. 2011
Provided high quality Spanish lessons to French students focused on active skills
Projects & Awards
Polyglot Meetup Group Founder, Murcia, Spain — 2014–2015
* Promoted the importance of learning foreign languages and cultural exchange among students and local professionals, organised and conducted talks, debates and workshops.
* Created educational material about languages, travelling abroad and culture.
* Second Award at CreaMurcia 2017 in Literature (Poetry) for the poem: Poesía de Vapor (Vapour Poetry)
* Local Award at Crearte in Molina de Segura in Poetry for the poem ANTI·POESÍA
DELE Examiner Qualification — Murcia, February 2018
HNC Art & Design (Illustration) — Murcia School of Art, 2015–2017
MSc International Trade — ENAE Business School, 2013–2014
BA Translation & Interpreting — University of Murcia, 2009–2013
BA LEA (Erasmus) — University of Paris La Sorbonne, 2010–2011
* Native in Spanish
* Proficient in English (C1) and French (C1), written and spoken. Intermediate in German (B1).
* Notions in Italian (A1.1), Arabic (A1.1) and Japanese (A1.1).
* Learning Portuguese.
Marlon is a very professional and knowledgeable teacher, and I thoroughly enjoy my lessons with him. He is very well prepared, gives excellent and clear explanations of grammar points and vocabulary nuances, and is flexible (which I value) in his teaching approach. He's warm, friendly, fun, patient, and skilled, and I recommend him highly.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£95||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£150|