Hello, I've been a singing teacher for 20 years to students from 8 to 80. I believe in teaching students healthy vocal technique. I teach pop singing but my specialty is jazz singing.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Pop singing, Jazz singing, Jazz improvisation, song styling and performance.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a Postgraduate Certificate in Jazz from the Guildhall School of Music and have recently completed a course run by the British Voice Association in the Fundamentals of Singing.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £50 an hour for a one off lesson. But fees are negotiable for students who attend regular lessons.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at home in Beckenham, Bromley Borough which is on the South London Border with Kent.
- When are you available?
I have vacancies on Monday and Wednesday and Saturday, as well as some evenings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages from children 8 years and beyond
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I have prepared students for entrance into BA and Post grade jazz courses at Trinity and Guildhall.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Sing because you love it!
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been singing professional for over 30 years and this year I will release my 10th CD. I hold a teaching post at Trinity Laban Conservatoire Music and Dance, Chichester University and LCCM (London Centre of Contemporary Music) I also teach on Jazz Academy courses for musicians and singers of all levels and abilities ((concealed information) and I am a tutor on the Mediterranean Summer school. I run many masterclasses and workshops as well as running a private teaching practice from home.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have one through my children's school.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Guildhall School of Music, where I studied with Lee Gibson, Pete Churchill. I have also been tutored by Anita Wardell, Norma Winstone, Mark Murphy and Ian Shaw.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
British Voice Association and The Musicians Union
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have many successful students who are now recording and touring around the world primarily in jazz.
• Postgraduate Certificate in Jazz Guildhall School of Music and Drama
• British Voice Association
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£50||£50||Not available|