I can teach strong, foundational music theory (including Grades), as well as stylistic studies (teaching technique within different genres from jazz to pop to worship). I engage with my students, honing in on their individual creativity and expectations for the lessons. I try to keep it fun and stimulating as well as informative and practical. I use grade/theory books as tools to help teach my students different aspects of piano/keyboard playing, as well as direct musical examples of the theory, applied in modern and classical music.
My name is Gideon Bird and I’m a 19 year old, currently in my third year of a bachelors degree in Popular music, and have been teaching private piano/keyboard lessons for 2 years with lots of positive feedback. I have played piano and keyboard for nearly 12 years and have played in numerous settings; from pubs, to churches, to festivals.
I am willing to travel up to 10 miles from my home. The rates do not vary depending on the level of skill my student already has achieved.
Name: Gideon Bird Gender: Male
Address: Rivers Lea House Email: (concealed information)
14 Ringwood road
Ferndown Telephone: 07(concealed information)
Nationality: British N.I Number: PG339763D
Date of Birth: 30th May, 2000
Current occupation or position: Student, studying for a Degree in Popular Music and Worship at Nexus Institute of Creative Arts, Coventry.
Education since age 11:
Bishop Justus C of E School, Magpie Hall Lane, Bromley.
Subjects: Current Grade: Awarding body
Maths B Edexcel
English Language B AQA
English Literature A AQA
Science 1 C AQA
Science 2 B AQA
Music A AQA
Media studies B AQA
Geography D WJAC
European computer driving licence. Pass Ofqual
R.E B WJAC
Piano Grade 5 Pass ABRSM
BIMM London (British and Irish Modern Music Institute)
Level 3 Diploma in Music Production
Music notation Pass/merit
Music tech blog Pass/merit
Listening skills Distinction/merit
Sequencing systems and techniques Merit
Music and society Distinction
The sound and music industry Distinction
Composing music Merit
Experience and skills Profile:
· Volunteer musician, playing in the band (Piano and Bass guitar) regularly for public performance at Nexus Institute of Creative Arts and Sunnyhill Church Poole. (Sept 2017 – present)
· Played Keyboard daily during CreationFest, Cornwall (August 2018).
· Part-time bar-man/waiter: Bridge House hotel (June – September 2018)
· Piano and keys teacher (May – September 2017)
· Part-time martial at Delta Force Paintball (March 2017 – May 2017)
· Part-time crew member: McDonalds Restaurant (August 2016 – January 2017)
· NCS, National Citizen Service;
· Duke of Edinburgh Bronze course
· Various usual jobs including gardening, cleaning and manual labour.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher on PC’s and Macs.
· Music skills: keys, bass and piano. Keyboard teaching. Music production (recording and live).
· Hobbies: film, media, basketball, table tennis, football, rugby and tennis.
A personable, friendly, dedicated and enthusiastic team player. I am honest and hard working with a passion for music.
Nexus ICA- Course manager
71 Albany Road
024 7671 3209
Youth Pastor - BCC
2 Masons Hill
Darren Brown - Manager
The Bridgehouse Hotel
2 Ringwood road
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, musical keyboard lessons for all!
Taking synthesizer lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|