My classes are maily directed to the difficulties of the student. After doing an assessment with the student I can identify the main difficulties and neccessity and work on them. The classes will be maily based in reading, answering questions from what was read, translating texts, writting little essays and exercises.
I am full time PhD student of Biomedicall Sciences at Hull University. I was assistant lecturer in higher education from 2008 to 2018 in the field of medical imaging. I have a master in biophysics and medical physics, and I am writter. I have a published poetry book and several blogs in portuguese. I have moderated reading clubs as volunteer, and taught portuguese and english for foreigners in Portugal.
Date of Birth: December 7, 1984
Specific Academic Education
Licentiate in Nuclear Medicine from September (Pre-Bologna Process) of 2002 to July of 2006: four years Curriculum Degree from Escola Superior de Tecnologia da Saúde de Lisboa – Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa (ESTeSL-IPL), with final classification of 15. During the Licenciature I engaged in the experience of complete one internship in Institute Paul Lambin in Brussels, as student of Erasmus program.
Master in Sciences in Biophysics Specialization in Medical Physics (Pre-Bologna Process) from September 2006 to Jully of 2009: from Instituto de Biofísica e Engenharia Biomédica, da Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa (IBEB-FCUL), concluded the curricular component with 17 and theMaster Thesis with Bom.
Specialization in Biomedical Engineering from 2012 to 2014 from Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade de Coimbra, 60 ECTS concluded with final classification of 16.
PhD student at Hull University, from September of 2018 to the present date
Assistant Lecturer in ESTeSL-IPL, from September of 2008 to September of 2018. Lecturing in the degrees of Nuclear Medicine and since 2015 of Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy, with duties of lecturing, researching, mentoring research and entrepreneurship projects, and organization of congresses and organization tasks of subjects and of the degree. Lecture mainly Clinical and Imaging Processing Subjects.
Experiences in lecturing abroad under Erasmus Program in: 2010 (Karolinska Institutet – Sweden); 2012 and 2013 in Intensive Program of Nuclear Pharmacy NuPHiCos (Medical University of Plovdiv – Bulgaria); 2015 (Institute Paul Lambin – Brussels).
Main Relevant Research Activities
Member of the research Groups:
• GI-MOSM: Grupo de Investigação em Modelação e Optimização em Sistemas Multifuncionais, from Mechanical Engineering Department of Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Lisboa - Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa;
• GIRES: Grupo de Investigação em Radiações e Saúde from ESTeSL-IPL.
Member of the two research teams of the projects funded by Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa, with the fellowship Projetos de Investigação, Desenvolvimento, Inovação e Criação Artística (IDI&CA) do IPL – 2016:
• Cardiocor: in the Field of attenuation correction by computed tomography in myocardial perfusion imaging of obese patients;
• Softimob: in the field of rapid prototyping by 3D printing of radiotherapy masks.
Licenciature research thesis: “Leucocytes Radiolabeling with complexes containing the unity fac- [99mTc(CO)3]", under orientation of Professor Lina vieira and Research Lurdes Gano, from ESTeSL and Department of Inorganic Chemistry of Campus Tecnológico e Nuclear do Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, 2006.
Master thesis: “Construction of healthy controls databases using a software of cardiac processing”, under orientation of Professor Pedro Almeida and Medical Doctor Luís de Oliveira, from IBEB-FCUL and Clinica Quadrantes, Lisbon, 2009.
Referee of the scientific magazine Saúde & Tecnologia from 2015 to 2018.
Orientation of research works of Licenciature Students, in ESTeSL-IPL, from 2009 to 2018.
Chapter of a scientific book:
Chapter 4 of the Technologist Guide in the field of Brain Imaging: Lucena, F., Sousa, E., Vaz,
T., “Imaging in neurological and vascular brain diseases (SPECT and SPECT/CT) ”, published
by European Association of Nuclear Medicine, 2015.
Rodrigues, A., Santos, S., Carolino, E., Sousa, E., Vieira, L.,” Influência de diferentes parâmetros na diminuição da atividade Extra-miocárdica nos estudos GATED-SPECT ”; published in Saúde & Tecnologia in 2013.
Loja, M. A. R., Sousa, E., L. Vieira, Costa D. M. S., Craveiro, D.S., Parafita, R., Costa, D.C.,”Using 3D anthropometric data for the modelling of customised head immobilisation masks”, Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization, 2018.
Craveiro, D. S., Rosa, R. S. B., Loja, M. A. R., Vieira, L., Sousa, E., Rodrigues, J. A.,”Prototype Modelling of Medical Devices for Improved Quality Immobilization in Diagnosis and Therapeutic”, TMQ – Techniques, Methodologies and Quality, 2018.
Loja, M. A. R., D. S. Craveiro, L. Vieira, E. Sousa, J. A. Rodrigues, Portal, R. J. F., “Radiotherapy-customized head immobilization masks: from modeling and analysis to 3D printing”, published by Nuclear Science and Techniques, 2019.
Roque, V., Jessop, M., Pereira, L., Gape, P., Dizdarevic, S., Sousa, E., Carolino, E.,”Bone scan index as metastatic bone disease quantifier and predictor of radium-223-dichloride biochemical response”, Nuclear Medicine Communications, 2019.
3 papers published in ECCOMAS, in the thematic Publication 3rd International Conference on Numeric and Symbolic Computation, April 2017:
• Queiroga, M., Elias, M., Silva, D., Serrano, J., Rayo, J.I., Carolino, E., Vieira, L., Sousa, E., “Influence of semiquantification in DaTScanTM studies for diagnosis of parkinsonian syndromes”, thematic Publication 3rd International Conference on Numeric and Symbolic Computation, April 2017.
• Stakhiv, O., Melo, I., Clarke, M., Aplin, M., Singh, n., Day, K., Dizdarevic, S., Jessop, M., Begley, P., Carolino, E.. Vieira, L., Sousa, E., “Influence of computed tomography attenuation correction in myocardial perfusion imaging in obese patients: classification by sex and body mass index”, thematic Publication 3rd International Conference on Numeric and Symbolic Computation, April 2017.
• Sousa, E., Vieira, l., Costa, D. M. S.,Costa, D. C., ; Parafita, R., ; Loja, M. A. R., “Comparison Between 3D Laser Scanning and Computed Tomography on the Modelling of Head Surface, thematic Publication 3rd International Conference on Numeric and Symbolic Computation, April 2017.
• Co-author of the paper : Craveiro, D.S., Rosa, R. S. B. , Loja, M. A. R., Vieira, L., Sousa, E., Costa, D., Parafita, R., Rodrigues, J.A. “Immobilization Devices for Diagnosis and Therapeutic Medical Applications”, Published in CIBEM2017 - 13º Congresso Ibero-americano de Engenharia Mecânica, 23-26 October of 2017, Lisbon, Portugal.
Conferences, Presentations and Posters
Author and co- author of the following presentations in national and international, seminars conferences and congresses:
• 7 national conferences as invited presenter;
• 8 national oral communications,
• 9 international oral communications,
• 12 national posters,
• 18 international posters.
Completion of small duration courses and workshops in: Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Matlab Application and programing, Imaging Processing, Nuclear Medicine.
Development of entrepreneurship projects since 2008, and coordination of the entrepreneurship program of ESTeSL-IPL since 2012.
Organizing and application of community services by ESTeSL-IPL, in Nuclear Medicine.
Extracurricular internship in Nuclear Medicine Department.
Volunteering activities: as book club moderator, teaching English in Moscavide Elderly University project and in “SPEAK” project.
Author of the poetry book: “No Tempo das Mimosas”, Parthenon, 2006.
Languages: Portuguese (native); English (C1, IELTS overall score of 7); French (B2); Spanish (B2), German (A2).
Eva is a very knowledgeable teacher with a lot of years experience in teaching. She speaks a lot of languages (Portuguese, English, French, Spanish, German) and is a native Portuguese speaker. She is highly educated and can help you improve in the Portuguese language, because she grew up in Portugal. Beside that Eva knows a lot of Portuguese history and can you teach the Portuguese culture if you want to move to Portugal one day.
portuguese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - portuguese lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - portuguese lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - portuguese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£12||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£55||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£105||£100|