The key to progress in all areas of life is discipline, especially music. Ensuring regular practice on the part of the student is vital. I will generally discuss with them what style of learning they benefit most from and try to their tailor lessons to this.
I have spent the past 5 years teaching on and off as a guitar tutor. I have recently completed my degree in songwriting and looking for new students to teach and inspire. I regularly gig as a working musician and have extensive knowledge of the industry.
WHO AM I?
A hard working dependable graduate looking to progress to a full-time career within the music industry. With number of years of experience both in customer service and the creative industry, I am able to offer a diverse skill set that ranges from high-level problem solving to effective team working. I spent the last 5 years studying music, graduating from BIMM Manchester with a BA (hons) 2:1 in Song Writing in 2016. I am now determined to carve out a career in the music industry, turning my passion for music into a living.
Front of House Staff, 01/2013 to 02/2014 - Helter Skelter/Oswald’s Food and Drink Establishment
- Customer service operative; serving and waiting on.
- Routinely checked identification of customers purchasing alcoholic beverages.
- Maintained updated knowledge of all menu items, real ales, branded spirits, lagers and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Stock checking and organization
Customer Service Assistant 02/2015 to 12/2016 Whitmore & White Specialist - Food and Wine Merchants
- Greet customers, advise them and discuss their needs.
- Answer questions regarding store items and specialist stock.
- Regularly take stock, manage inventory levels and request new orders using Microsoft excel.
- Assist in hosting various wine and spirit tasting events.
- Help customers with questions, problems and complaints in person and
on the telephone.
- Developing positive and consistent relationships with new and regular
Self-motivated, Strong verbal communicator, Conflict resolution, Data management, Attention to detail, Organised, Adept Multi-Tasker, Honest, Loyal, Exceptional customer service skills, Excellent people skills, Problem-solver, Social perceptiveness, Focused, Flexible, Quick adaptable learner, Creative thinker, Excellent time management, Sense of humour!
- Discussions and team meetings with shop managers to obtain information about customer needs and preferences.
Royal Marines Reservist,
Royal Marines Reserves – HMS Eaglet Liverpool – 2016/2017 - Training to become a Royal Marines Reservist
- 2 Weekends a month & Tuesday Nights from 7:30pm
- Learning discipline, organization and essential team working skills.
Administration Assistant – Human Resources Cheshire Police Constabulary – Multi-Force Shared Service - Customer service role
- Call handling and staff-to-staff contact
- High level of problem solving/investigative work
- General system administration
- Recording and referencing of important information
- Completing transferee/employment/tenancy references for Police
- Brevet: 2011 Louis Jouvet - Bellac, France. Studied at secondary school level in France becoming fluent in the language – Merit Level -
- BTEC Level 3: Performing Musician, 2011-2013 Warrington Collegiate - Warrington – Merit/Distinction level -
- BA Hons: Song writing and Composition, 2013-2016 BIMM Manchester – Manchester – leaving with a Degree at 2:1
- Bilingual (Fluent French/English)
- High level of physical fitness
- An academic and social understanding of modern music and culture
- Multi instrumentalist (K eys, Guitar , Bass, Banjo , Bazouki, V ocals)
- Extensive experience in music, both on and off the stage.
- Educated at degree level in the music industry and its application
- Highly experienced in administration and customer service.
- Contracted by PRS for Music to compose tracks and perform at venues in and around Manchester for their “A Song
For Manchester” campaign throughout 2015.
- Reached the Semi Finals in the “UK Open Mic” competition – Performing to a crowd of 700 + people at various UK
- In 2016 I composed the music for a film commissioned by the official England Rugby Team called The Rose and Poppy. This film was presented by Lewis Moody and featured interviews with Prince Harry, Martin Johnson, Neil Back.
- In 2016 I performed on the main stage at The Manchester International Tattoo Festival over two days.
- I have spent the past 4 years building and recording in my own home studio
- I recently ran the UK’s toughest Half Marathon twice
- I hold advanced belts in Muay Thai, Ju Jitsu and Kudo.
￼- I have recorded my music in some of the most prestigious studios in England such as; Blueprint and SSR Ghost Studio.
￼- Over the last 5 years I have performed at venues and festivals, mainly as a solo artist including; The Manchester Academy, Gorilla Bar, RNCM Auditorium, Dewsbury Town Hall, Strummer Camp, Manchester
￼Convention Complex, The Lomax, Warrington Wolves Stadium and other smaller venues around the north
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼PERSONAL INTERESTS/MUSICAL INFLUENCES
Some of my Personal Interests include: Martial Arts, Fishing, Hiking, General Fitness, Ancient/Military History, Craft Beer, Politics, Live Music, Music Production, Travelling, Camping and Meeting New People.
My Musical influences include: Bonobo, Roots Manuva, The Clash, The Jam, Massive Attack, The Pogues, Bob Marley, Portishead, Mr Scruff, Amon Tobin, Fink, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Ray LaMontagne and many more.
Seamus is an incredibly talented and well educated musician. I worked with him on a major songwriting project where we had to write and perform a wide range of music, covering various styles.
Seamus has an astounding amount of knowledge about music and the instruments he plays. I myself learnt a lot from him.
Forever the professional, and always passionate about his work, I would highly recommend Seamus.
Seamus plays a lot of live music that I have been fortunate enough to see many tumes and it is always very professional sounding and of high quality. After seeing him and being interested in the guitar I asked him for lessons.He has taught me guitar in person and I have been coming along very well, starting with the basics and building my own personal style with his professional and knowledgable talent.
guitar lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest acoustic guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electric guitar lessons for all!
Taking bass guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|