I am a scientifically trained applied mathematician and a numerical analyst. This makes me an excellent visualizer of the concepts of mathematics and physics using technology or otherwise. I am well versed with programming languages like Python and R which can be used effectively for simplifying mathematics and physics lessons. I give equal importance to building a strong foundation of the basic concepts of maths and physics and also developing great problem-solving skills. My attempt will always be to inspire students to look at the world through the kaleidoscope of mathematics.
I am currently pursuing MSc in computational applied mathematics from the University of Edinburgh. I have a bachelor's degree in maths, physics and chemistry making me ideal for tutoring these subjects. I am an award-winning student-teacher of mathematics at the high school and university levels. I have been tutoring my juniors and peers since undergrad with support from the Department of Mathematics of my university. Besides, I have experience organizing summer classes and seminars for secondary and high school students with the objective of making mathematics education simple and enjoyable.
1. MSc in Computational Applied Mathematics (September 2020 - August 2021), The University of Edinburgh. Expecting distinction.
2. BSc in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry (June 2017 - August 2020), Christ University, Bangalore, India. Distinction :: CGPA - 9.76/10.00
1. Summer School Mathematics Teacher, [April 2018 - May 2018] (Government Higher Secondary School, Thattathumala, Kerala, India): Conducted several seminars for high school and higher secondary school students on various classical topics in mathematics. The topics discussed or introduced included trigonometry, calculus and probability theory.
2. Intern Editor of a University manual for wxMaxima, [April 2018 - July 2018] (Christ University, Bangalore, India): Assisted the Department of Mathematics, Christ University, to create a manual for the computer algebra system called wxMaxima that is used for computation and visualisation in mathematics education.
Awards and Achievements:
1. First Rank Holder, Higher Secondary Examinations (2016-2017), Kerala State Board for Secondary Education, India.
2. Best Student Teacher Award, Science Stream (2016), Students' Day Celebrations, Christ Nagar English Higher Secondary School, Trivandrum, India.
3. All India Radio National Award for Carnatic Veena, Instrumental Music (2015), All India Radio, the National Radio Broadcast Service of India.
Nived was one of my brilliant students with lots of ideas and immense problem-solving skills. He can be a very good educator.
I have known Nived since a year. He has always been diligent and passionate about maths. He is professional and has in-depth understanding of the subject. I would highly recommend him!
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£45||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£95||£100|