I am currently a postgraduate student at the University of Law. I have previously studied LLB Law at the University of Westminster. I give lessons to students aged 5-16.
I am a very patient and nurturing individual and can communicate well with people of all ages, and from different walks of life.
I have previous experiences in mentoring. I have provided tutoring lessons to GCSE students during my time in sixth form.
I have also provided some external maths mentoring sessions to associates, who have achieved high grades.
I am able to focus on students who do not have particularly high grades to work with them to achieve higher.
Rates are additional if it involves travelling to another location
The above rates may be adjusted based on the student's level.
Personal Statement: An ambitious, enthusiastic and committed graduate who possesses a genuine interest and understanding in many legal sectors. I am capable of working under pressure and have a clear, logical mind with a practical approach to solving problems. I have the drive to see things through to completion by using the most effective method.
The University of Law, London: LPC, Class of 2018 (September 2017 – Current)
Introduction to Professional Practice, Dispute Resolution (Civil and Criminal Litigation), Business Law and Practice, Real Estate, Immigration Law, Family Law, Advanced Criminal and Employment Law
University of Westminster, London: LLB Law, Class of 2017
First Year – 2:1 (September 2014 – June 2015)
Legal Skills and Process, Contract Law, Tort Law, Public Law and Criminal Justice 1: Causes and Institutions
Second Year – 2:1 (September 2015 – June 2016)
Legal Professions and Legal Services, Criminal Law, Land Law, EU Law and Criminal Justice 2
Third Year –2:1 (September 2016 – June 2017)
Equity and Trusts, Family Law, Advanced Criminal and Entertainment Law
Thomas Deacon Academy, Peterborough (September 2012 – June 2014)
A-Levels: Sociology (A*), History (B) and English Literature (C)
Thomas Deacon Academy, Peterborough (September 2009 – June 2012)
10 GCSE’s: A* – C including English Language and Maths
Administrator, Marks and Spencer, Peterborough (June 2017 – August 2017)
• Answered queries from both staff and customers via emails and phone
• Financially balance the money allocated to the tills every day
• Till counts every three weeks to ensure that the store is not suffering a loss
• Worked backstage to ensure the smooth operation of the store
• Built a rapport with other departments around Peterborough
• Monitored the daily roster sheets
• Managed the catering lounge for the staff
Teaching Assistant, Acorn Academy Day Nursery, Peterborough (May 2016 – September 2016)
• Supervised the children during the school day in order to ensure that they are safe, and enjoying their day.
• Provided the children with food at lunch and snack time.
• Provided the children with support for their learning and planned the next steps they had to work towards.
• Communicated with the children’s parents to inform them about their child’s progression.
Sales Assistant, Sense, Peterborough (January 2015 – February 2015)
• Provided customer service and communicated with various customers.
• Problem solving, provided the customers with the best solution for both them and the store.
• Kept the shop floor tidy and organised. Involved tagging and steaming the items to make them presentable.
Legal Assistant, M.J. Immigration, Peterborough (August 2013 – September 2013)
• Carried out some receptionist duties; answering telephone enquiries, photocopying and booking appointments for both new and existing clients.
• Shadowed the solicitor and gained an awareness of how to manage with the caseload and observed meeting with clients.
• Carried out legal research for the cases under supervision.
• Organisation: Can prioritise the workload and work under pressure to meet the deadlines. I am organised and like to complete the work in a structured manner.
• Self-Reliant: I am a responsible person and have the ability to work in a group, delegating tasks amongst the group, and can also work on my own initiative without supervision.
• Communication: I am able to communicate in a clear and concise way, both written and verbally; with customers, clients and other members of staff.
• IT: Advanced level in using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access. I can use the internet and legal databases (i.e. LexisNexis, Westlaw) for extensive research.
Tang So Doo, Martial Arts Association, Peterborough (January 2011 – June 2012)
• Required a lot of motivation and dedication training for a minimum of twice a week.
• Effective way to keep active and lead a healthy lifestyle as well as learning a form of self-defence.
• Some of the transferrable skills I developed hugely are; commitment to the sport, discipline and self-improvement as you continuously strive to improve on the techniques taught.
Charity work: I participated in many events during my time at secondary school. We held many stalls to compensate towards building the renovating schools in Kenya.
Sports: I enjoy keeping healthy, I go to the gym twice a week minimum. During the summer of 2015 I attended a youth club called ‘More Life’ to help under 18’s live a healthy lifestyle.
Literature: Keen reader of many classical literature novels such as; 1984, The Handmaid’s Tale, Birdsong, Enduring Love and many more. During sixth form I mentored year 7’s to help improve with their reading.
Available on request
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking algorithms lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£22||Not available||£18|