My teaching style is flexible, and can be adapted to suit the specific needs of the student: for example if they do not feel confident with essay writing or exam-style answers, understanding the themes within their book, general exam technique, context or any particular topic which they struggle with.
The methodology which has seen the most notable results with students is getting them to read exemplar essays/passages and to critically analyse them together, understanding what makes it a top grade answer. Following this, I then get students to look at possible exam questions, breaking each down with essay plans and then critiquing the work produced alongside a mark scheme.
I’m currently 19 years old and reading Politics, Philosophy and Economics at King’s College, London, and looking to tutor students online and in person.
I took my GCSEs summer of 2017, where I achieved the equivalent of 2 A**s, 8 A*s and 2As. (Two Grade 9s in both English GCSEs, and an 8 in Mathematics). During my first year at college, I tutored a total of five students in English Literature, English Language and Mathematics, one of which went from a 3 to an 8! I feel that through having sat the new GCSE exams myself, I would be able to offer an insight into the process which other tutors may not be able to. I recently scored 37 on the IB Diploma, which is the A-Level UCAS equivalent of 3 A*s.
I took AQA for both English exams and thus feel most confident tutoring these particular examinations, however the skills learnt are equally applicable across different exam boards. For English Literature I studied An Inspector Calls, Macbeth and Sherlock Homes: The Sign of the Four, therefore these are the only books I teach content-wise.
Having been shortlisted and receiving the title of Runner-Up in a global essay competition in Politics and International Relations, I feel confident in my ability to aid others to write coherent essays.
I’m a confident and outgoing person, who is open to helping all abilities from all walks of life. I like learning environments, and am excited to meet new potential students and give advice through what can be very tough and stressful periods - I didn’t think I’d make it through when I did it! My aim is to empower young people, through both teaching them their syllabus, exam technique but also showing them how to progress even when they do not have a tutor, because that is what is more important in a student's development. If you're looking for a young, enthusiastic teacher who has experience with tutoring - I'm the one to call.
I can speak Spanish fluently, so I can adapt lessons in the case of language barriers.
Aside from my studies I have a keen passion for violin and viola, where I have played the violin for eleven years, and the viola for 2 years. Also, I am part of a large youth orchestra which tours different European countries each year.
Feel free to ask me any questions at all!
I am a personable, highly energised and strategic PPE student with a keen interest in becoming a professional consultant upon graduation. With a week’s parliamentary work experience and having recently been selected to participate in the IRCC program in Geneva, I wish to specialise in international business after having gained experience in policy-writing and implementation. I am looking to work in a market-leading company which facilitates both personal and professional development.
• Degree: BA/BSc in Philosophy, Politics and Economics at King’s College London, due to graduate in 2022
• IB Diploma: Scored 37 points (equivalent of 3 A*s at A-Level)
• GCSEs: 2 9s, 1 8, 7 A*s and 2 A
• Selected to be part of the King’s Polling Club, where I shall be analysing and creating reports using data collected by a professional research company, enhancing my ability to grapple with complex topics and devise strategies and solutions to political or economic issues based on public opinion
• Selected to be a participant in the International Relations Career Challenge being hosted at the Graduate Institute, Geneva in July 2020, where I will work on policy-writing, implementation and communication strategies, thus deepening my understanding of the role of policy and businesses in different countries. This is in addition to developing my public speaking, networking and diplomacy skills
• Extended Essay (4,000 words) on Sino-African economic relations, conducting research on the social and economic impact of increased migration and investment in infrastructure in the African continent
• Runner Up in NCH’s 2018 Essay Writing Competition – Shortlisted for the IR and Economics category questioning “Is war a prerequisite for peace?”, thus increasing my interest in the relationship between conflict and foreign investment, diplomacy and conflict resolution
• Enacted as Security Officer in an Ebola emergency simulation, working collaboratively to understand the logistical, security, budgetary and health issues which arise dealing with the epidemic
Shadowed former Green Party leader Caroline Lucas, Parliament, London (June 2019)
• Compiled reports on her work and contributions on selected topics both in the House of Commons and on social media
• Drafted ministerial and constituents letters, enhancing my ability to vary my style of communication to different types of people
• Improved administrative skills, for example by working on excel databases and spreadsheets
• Attended meetings on current affairs, improving my knowledge on the UK’s political and economic climate
Online Entrepreneur, Depop (2014 – Present)
• Supporting myself financially alongside my studies by actively promoting the sustainable fashion industry to customers across the world
• Utilising knowledge of the target market to buy and resell products, using social media to promote this
• Strong development of customer service skills, predominantly to consumers below the age of 26
• Achievements: becoming seller number 360 out of millions and earning a revenue of £1.5k in a month
Private Tutor, Self-Employed (October 2017 - Present)
• Taught students between the ages of 10-17 (KS2, KS3 and GCSE levels) English Literature, Language and Maths
• Conducted in-person and online
• Co-Project Manager for NCS Volunteer Project, Brighton (August 2017)
• Volunteer Musical Tutor, Patcham (October 2017 - November 2017)
• Beach Cleaner, Brighton (October 2018 – December 2018)
• Event Organiser, Brighton (April 2019 - May 2019)
• English Teacher and Child Carer, Madrid (July 2019 - August 2019)
Skills and Interests
• Fluent Spanish speaker, starting French lessons in January 2020
• Part of the International Youth Think Tank network currently being formed in Gothenburg
• Viola player, having toured internationally with the Brighton Youth Orchestra
• Attending musical concerts, festivals and travelling during my holidays
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking poetry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£30|