I believe in using teaching methods that best suit the student. I am able to use auditory, visual and kinesthetic teaching styles to enhance learning. Learning should be enjoyable and interactive to achieve the best results.
I also believe in providing clear and constructive feedback during and after a lesson to ensure learning is on track.
I have been teaching for 3 years in a classroom setting both full time and as a supply teacher. I've worked in Primary Schools across ages 5-11 and have assisted with SATs in year 6 and the Year 1 Phonics check.
My specialism is Language, Literacy and Communication and can also tutor to GCSE level in English Literature and Language.
An enthusiastic and creative qualified primary school teacher. Currently coming back into teaching after 2 years away from education. I took some time away from teaching to focus on myself and where I wanted to take my career and personal life. I have worked in customer service for the last 2 years, which has improved my self confidence and my communication skills. I have decided to return to teaching after the birth of my first child in August 2018.
Boohoo.com Customer Service Advisor August 2017 – January 2019 (August 2018- January 2019 maternity leave)
• As below
FM Outsource Ltd Customer Service Advisor October 2016 – August 2017
• Communicating with customers and providing a solution to any queries or issues they are experiencing.
• Using various computer systems in relation to orders, refunds and shipping information.
• Managing my own time and goals to ensure targets are met.
• Advising other members of staff with complex customer queries.
• Learning and updating my own knowledge base to ensure I provide the customer with correct information.
Precision Polymere Engineering Ltd Production Operative April 2016 – October 2016
• Inspecting O-ring rubber seals to be sent to customers
• Using specialist equipment to measure and inspect product
• Working with other members of staff to ensure daily targets are met
• Communicating with other members of staff to deal with issues and changes in production
• Managing personal work load to ensure targets are met.
Just Teachers Ltd Supply Teacher September 2015 – April 2016
• Providing teaching cover in all year groups from reception to year 6.
• Leaving feedback on children’s learning and ensuring marking has all been completed.
• Working with other members of staff to ensure children’s learning day runs as usual.
• Interacting with both Parents and Staff.
• Planning lessons appropriate for the skill levels of the individual.
Step-by-Step education Ltd. Supply Teacher January 2016 - Present
Thorn Primary School Year 1 Class Teacher 1st September 2013 – 31st July 2015
• Planning lesson to suit various abilities and learning style
• Assessing children against national standards and adjusting planning accordingly
• Managing teaching assistants to fully support all needs within the class
• Liaising with staff and parents on a daily basis
• Managing the day to day functionality of the class
Thorn Primary School Level 3 Teaching Assistant 25th February 2013 – 31 August 2013
• To offer support and assistance to both the children and the teacher.
• Planning and carrying out intervention groups, to further support children
• General admin duties
• Any other tasks required
Smiths Medical Ltd Production Operative May 2012 –February 2013
• Working on a production line to produce high quality medical devices
• Ensuring good documentation practice for accountability and traceability.
• Followed verbal and written instructions and used computerized and manual systems
• Worked as part of a team and also autonomously
• Interpersonal and Influencing skills
• Time management and achievement of targets
• Analysis and Interpretation of information
• Data input
• Building good working relationships
Communication and Interpersonal
• Managing a class of 28 children, ensuring all objectives and targets were achieved.
• Managing a team of Teaching assistants in order to cover all the requirements of both the individuals and the curriculum
• Communicating with Parents and peers for the well being and learning goals of the children.
• Communicating with subject leaders to ensure correct targets were set.
• Bachelor of Arts Primary Education with QTS
Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammer School
• English, Psychology, Health and social care and General Studies
• Geography and Critical thinking
Alder Grange Community College
• English Literature: A
• English Language: B
• Mathematics: B
• Geography: B
• Religious Education: B
• Biology: C
• Chemistry: C
• Design Technology: C
• ICT DIDA: CCCC (Diploma in ICT)
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£12|