I base my lessons on student knowledge. Before planning a lesson, I will ask my student to complete an assessment. From this, I can identify areas of strength and areas for development. This informs lesson content ensuring lessons meet individual learning needs. I use a range of different teaching approaches in my lessons to ensure teaching is engaging for visual, auditory and kinaesthetic learnings. I firmly believe that learning should be interactive and where possible, make lessons practical. My experiences have shown me that the best progress is made when learning is fun and challenging. I learn about the interests of my students alongside their academic abilities to ensure that I can make lessons exciting and progressive.
I am a qualified Primary School Teacher looking to provide private tuition to students in person and online. I qualified as a Primary School Teacher in July 2013. Since completing my PGCE, I have worked as a Supply Teacher in EYFS, KS1 and KS2, and in a longer role at a school in Northumberland (please see details on my CV). I am a warm, friendly and caring individual who takes great pride in working with children and helping them achieve goals. I have a thorough understanding of the 2014 National Curriculum, and am experienced in planning and delivering lessons that meet individual needs and enable students to meet and exceed age-related learning expectations. I have successfully taught children with SEN's and emotional, physical and social difficulties.
Rates may vary according to distance travelled.
Rates may vary according to distance travelled.
Skype address: live:helenedmundson1986
• Strong communication skills both written and oral.
• Team player: collaborative planning with other members of staff.
• Taught in schools with many cultures and nationalities, where English is not their first language.
• Have excellent behaviour management skills.
• Have taught phonics via different methods.
• Have implemented a wide variety of teaching methods.
• Organisational skills and time management.
• Flexible & adaptable. Worked under different school focuses and with deadlines.
• Currently undertaking the TEFL qualification.
• Successfully completed an OFSTED inspection.
APRIL 2017 – CURRENT
SUPPLY TEACHER, TEACHING PERSONNEL, GREATER MANCHESTER
- Completed a variety of assignments through agencies in both long-term and short-term roles.
- One long-term assignment involved teaching children with complex needs and liaising with the school’s SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator), learning mentor and one-to-one teaching assistant.
- Taught in a school with severe behavioural issues among the children. I brought discipline to the class and delivered learning objectives, which other supply teachers had failed to achieve.
- Undertook extensive Guided Reading and Reading Recovery training, as part of my ongoing CPD.
SEPTEMBER 2014 – APRIL 2017
PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER, BEACONHILL COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL. NORTHUMBERLAND
- Taught several different year groups at Beaconhill; Year 3, PPA Cover Teacher (Nursery to Year 6) and Year 5. (PPA: Planning Preparation and Assessment time).
- In each case my duties included planning and delivering lessons, carrying out assessment for learning, establishing and maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders.
- Led and supervised a 3-day residential trip for 60 children in consecutive years.
- Subject leader of PSHCE (Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education).
- Undertook a wide variety of CPD training. Can provide further details if required.
SEPTEMBER 2013 – JULY 2014
SUPPLY TEACHER, CAPITA SUPPLY AGENCY, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Worked largely in one school as PPA cover in a deprived area of the city with a large migrant community. The vast majority of the pupils had little or no English language abilities when entering the school.
- Taught the UK phonics programme (Letters and Sounds) and have continued to teach phonics, using a variety of schemes such as Read Write Inc, in subsequent roles.
SEPTEMBER 2011 – AUG 2012
VOLUNTARY WORK EXPERIENCE IN PRIMARY EDUCATION. NORTHUMBERLAND
- Volunteered for unpaid work experience in several schools while continuing to work in hospitality role on a part-time basis. This was to strengthen my application to study a PGCE at Northumbria University.
JULY 2010 – SEPTEMBER 2011
VARIOUS ROLES IN SERVICES SECTOR, MANCHESTER
- Undertook various roles in the hospitality sector after university before deciding to pursue a career in primary education. Can provide further details if required.
APRIL 2018 – ONGOING
TEACHING ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE (TEFL)
- Modules include: 120-hour Online Teaching Course, Advanced Grammar, Young Learners.
SEPTEMBER 2012 -JUNE 2013
POST GRADUATE COURSE IN EDUCATION (PGCE), NORTHUMBRIA UNIVERSITY
- UK higher education course to achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Course included two placements in schools while studying.
SEPTEMBER 2005 – JUNE 2010
HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (BSC), MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
- Achieved a Second-class honours, first division (2:1), 4-year course included a year in industry.
Able musician at school. Regularly sang solo’s in school choir and achieved Grade 8 violin in middle school.
Enjoy many sports and continue to swim and play tennis.
Keen cook and enjoy exploring new cuisines.
Having grown up in rural Northumberland I enjoy exploring the outdoors.
Fascinated by history and like a good documentary film.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|