My sessions will be based around what you need. We'll focus on some of the topics you're interested in - because without an interest in anything you're studying, how will you improve? - as well as the ones you need help with. If there's one thing I've learned through my time at school and in university, it's that there's never a shortage of ways of learning so we'll find a mix which works for you. We can do past papers, discuss essay ideas or how to approach certain types of problems, go through notes, and talk through any aspect you don't understand. I'll give you examples of how I would approach a problem and then let you have a go, and give you detailed feedback afterwards. For visual learners, there'll be lots of diagrams - if you're like me and like reading things, there'll be lots of that, but I'll condense notes as much as you need to help you revise. Essentially, our first discussion will be me figuring out what you need and we'll go from there!
I am a teaching assistant for the economics department at university which has taught me new and better methods of teaching advance concepts to students. I also have previous experience of giving A-Level and SAT classes to students, as well as teaching at a non-profit school every Saturday.
If you cancel less than 3 hours before the lesson, you will have to pay 50% of the class fee.
Queen Mary University of London London, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Science, Economics and Politics (Study Abroad) Expected June 2018
Relevant Modules: International Finance, Political Economy, Comparative European Politics, Spanish Language and Culture
Mount Holyoke College - Cumulative GPA: 3.71/4.00 Massachusetts, USA
Bachelor of Arts, Economics Expected May 2019
Relevant Modules: Calculus II, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Financial Accounting, International Economics, Object-Oriented Programming, World Politics, American Politics, Intermediate Spanish
Karachi Grammar School Karachi, Pakistan
A-Levels: Economics (A), Chemistry (A), English (A), Mathematics (B), Physics (B) August 2011- June 2015
GCE O-Levels: 7A*s and 5As including Mathematics (A*), Economics (A*) and English Language (A*)
European Commission (The German Marshall Fund ‘GMF’) Brussels, Belgium
Summer Intern May 2017 - August 2017
• GMF is a think tank that aims to strengthen transatlantic cooperation between the US and Europe on global challenges by contributing research and consulting on transatlantic issues relevant to policymakers
• Developed a policy initiative on cyber-security in the digital age by fostering client relations with Microsoft which helped secure Microsoft as a partner for GMF’s Brussels Forum Young Professionals Summit
• Worked on a grant proposal on the Common Security and Defense Policy to be presented to the European Parliament
• Designed an online database of female policymakers in Europe called the Brussels Binder to bring more gender diversity to panels and debates in Brussels- conducted #EUPanelWatch campaign to create awareness regarding this issue
Barclays Sophomore Springboard Program New York, USA
Spring Intern April 2017 - April 2017
• Completed a highly selective introductory spring program in the New York Headquarters of Barclays Investment Bank
• Gained insight into different areas of investment banking, attended presentations on capital markets, company valuations, and completed analytical group case studies
The Citizens Archive of Pakistan Karachi, Pakistan
Research Assistant June 2016 - July 2016
• Led a team of 5 people that researched and presented on heritage sites in Pakistan to the Sindh provincial government- secured funding of PKR 150,000 for cultural and historical educational programs and outreach tours in Karachi
• Researched and wrote acquisition proposals which increase museum collection by 30%
Edequal Karachi, Pakistan
Tech Intern June 2015 - August 2015
• Assisted a start-up company focused on improving mathematical skills among young students by consulting on blended
learning using smart applications and games and performing quality checks in Edequal’s initial operational testing phase
• Conducted market research on our program by acquiring feedback from 60 students aged 10-16; developed a strategic plan to improve Edequal based on the response
SKILLS & ACHIEVEMENTS
• Scholarship: Mount Holyoke College Scholarship (awarded a 90% merit scholarship covering four years of study with total award amount of over $200,000)
• Technical Skills: Intermediate Programming in Java. Experienced in operating Visual Basic, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Photoshop
• Language Skills: English (native), Urdu (native), and Spanish (intermediate)
• Honors/Awards: Awarded Principal and Breton Medals for academic excellence in Mathematics (2014). KGS School scholarship awarded for outstanding academic performance (2011-2015)
INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
• Women in Business: Vice President of the Mount Holyoke Women in Business Club; aided in the personal and professional development of students by arranging an alumnae conference with over 30 guests and 200 attendees
• Student Government Association: Elected Secretary of the Student Government over 4 other nominees; in charge of interviewing and evaluating over 70 applicants for 20+ student-run committees
• Interests: Travelling, volleyball (high-school team captain), and volunteer work (100+ volunteer hours)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£17||£11|
|5 hours||Not available||£79||£55|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£110|