I am an ICAEW prize-winning ACA tutor who has a 97% student pass rate. I teach the exam strategies which resulted in me scoring the highest ACA mark in the world for Case Study, as well as winning a prize for Financial Accounting & Reporting (FAR), Tax (TC / BPT), Audit & Assurance (AA), Business Strategy (BS) and Financial Management (FM). I am part of the ICAEW's Partner in Learning programme which provides me with unique access to ICAEW examiners and their marking materials.
There can be no better proof of the effectiveness of my exam strategies than the fact that they won both me and my students several prestigious prizes and my students have a near 100% student pass rate – especially when the majority of my students were resitting after having failed with other tuition providers.
My tuition has 2 key objectives which are fundamental to exam success:
1. Developing technical knowledge – Professional exams can initially seem incredibly complicated and can be unlike any other subject students have studied before. My approach simplifies the subject and teaches the most examinable content in a way that students can readily and easily understand. My students find that my methods of teaching are far more effective than the standarised approach used by 'large classroom' tuition providers.
2. Mastering exam technique – The next step is teaching students how to approach each type of question in the exam and how write their answers as concisely as possible whilst demonstrating the full spectrum of their newly acquired knowledge. This ensures that the student completes the exam within the time whilst also writing all the points which will be on the mark scheme. Having been a prize winner for all the subjects I teach, I have developed the optimal exam technique for each paper and I ensure that this is ingrained into my students before exam day.
I have studied the syllabus and past exam papers for each exam that I teach. This has allowed me to develop unique exam strategies for each style of question in the exam as I can predict with near certainty what will be on the mark scheme.
Teaching uses a combination of technical presentations, calculation techniques and shortcuts, interactive examples, bespoke exam strategies, past paper questions and learning tips.
Tuition is available for the following subjects;
ACA Certificate Level / CFAB – Accounting (AC), Principles of Tax (PTX), Management Information (MI)
ACA Professional Level - Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR), Audit and Assurance (AA), Tax Compliance (TC), Business Strategy (BS), Business Planning: Tax (BPT)
ACA Advanced Level - Corporate Reporting (CR), Case Study (CS)
ACCA – Tax, Financial Reporting, Strategic Business Reporting, Advanced Tax
Fees start at £65 per hour depending on the level of the exam.
Tuition classes are held in Central London (Kings Cross, Westminster, City of London) and Online Tuition is held on weekday evenings and weekends.
Online tuition operates in exactly the same way as face to face tuition. Our online classroom software uses video conferencing (similar to skype), screen sharing, ICAEW CBE software, ICAEW learning materials, ICAEW question banks and past ACA exam papers. Many students prefer online tuition as it saves travel costs and time.
I am happy to offer a free sample to demonstrate how effective my online teaching is.
I won various ICAEW prizes for Financial Accounting & Reporting, Tax, Audit, Financial Management, Business Strategy and Case Study, including the highest score in the world.
I also have a BSc and MSc from a Top University and won the prize for the highest score in the University.
**I am usually at full capacity around exam time so please book within 8 weeks of your sitting to avoid disappointment**
One of our best tutors! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and response guaranteed. Kieran will plan your first lesson with care.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have taught my specialist subjects for several years on both a one to one and a group basis. I have worked for world renowned professional qualification tuition providers, qualified at a Big Four accountancy firm and am now a Finance manager at a FTSE 50 company
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Ernst & Youg (EY)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
ICAEW Chartered Accountant
- Tell me about some of your current students.
ACA Students from Small, Mid-tier and Big Four Firms.
ACA and ACCA students working in industry.
ACCA Students studying independently.
Varies between £65 - £95 p/hour depending on tuition structure
• ICAEW Prize-winning ACA tutor & ACCA tutor
• ICAEW Partner in Learning
• ACA qualified with First time passes and multiple prizes (including highest score in the world)
• Prize for highest mark in University
• MSc Degree
• BSc Degree
I have had Kieran for a few different courses now and I couldn’t recommend him highly enough. He is excellent at teaching exam technique and gets straight to the point of the question. I will be using him again for BPT.
Kieran is the best tutor in the business. Professional but personable and very keen to to ensure you're following his lectures. He keeps his classes small to ensure retention and collaboration between students. If Carlsberg ever done tutors...Kieran would be the one. Truly breaks down all material into logical bites and focuses your mind.
I have had lessons with Kieran for 5 exams and have passed them all first time.
Kieran's teaching method is engaging and very effective - he focuses on exam technique and the core syllabus areas and he manages to make it seem simple and manageable. His record of achieving prizes himself and for this students speaks for itself, and you can really tell in the way he teaches he knows exactly what is needed to pass the exams with high marks.
If you are struggling with the exams or looking to get high marks Kieran is definitely the tutor to use.
aca lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|