My main job as an Acting Tutor is to spark your imagination and guide you at your own pace to a feeling that you can take ownership over both your craft as a performer AND your own self-expression as an individual.
My teaching practise is about meeting the individual needs of the student. Whether you are someone with the intention of going to drama school or whether you just want to feel you can articulate yourself more confidently - my lessons are tailor made to ensure the needs of the individual are prioritised above all else.
My teaching is rooted in the belief that Playing is the most effective way of Working. I employ techniques used by Konstantin Stanislavski, Michael Chekhov, Jerzy Grotowski, Patsy Rodenburg, Rudolf Laban and many other practitioners to provide you with a diverse tool-kit that you can take ownership of and use in a way that suits you.
I trained on the BA Acting Course at East 15 Acting School graduating with a First-Class Honours Degree. I have since gone on to perform a vast variety of work, ranging all the way from the intimacy of film to the explosiveness of street theatre. See CV below for recent credits.
As a Tutor and a Workshop Facilitator, I work regularly as an Acting and LAMDA Exam Tutor; preparing students for Drama School Auditions and their LAMDA Exams. I also regularly runs workshops with a variety of companies working with a huge range of people providing them with Acting, Storytelling, Communication and Performance workshops.
See CV below for relevant experience.
£30 per hour. £20 per half hour.
For example, a lesson lasting 1hr & 30mins would be £50.
A lesson lasting 2hrs would be £60.
• 1:1 BA (Hons) in Acting at East 15 Acting School
• Associate Artist of Award-Winning Theatre Company, Chalk Line Theatre (New Diorama Theatre’s 2019/2020 Emerging Companies Programme)
• National Student Drama Festival Company (2019)
• National Youth Theatre Member (2013)
• Equity, Spotlight & Actors Centre Member
• Enhanced DBS Checked (Update Service)
• Safeguarding Children Training (Stage 1)
• NCS Safeguarding Young People Trained
Most recent projects include:
• One-Man Short Film called ‘Rally’, created alongside the Internationally Award-Winning German Film Company, Coronado Film. William is the Co-Writer of this project as well as the Lead Solo Performer.
• UK Tour of the critically-acclaimed debut play of Chalk Line Theatre, ‘Testament’ playing Chris, the Supporting-Lead.
• ‘A Short Ton of Love: Chekhov Short Stories’ adapted and directed by Russell Bolam at The Drayton Arms Theatre in Kensignton.
• ‘The Dip’ by Eifion Ap Cadno at The Space Arts Centre in Canary Warf as an Actor-Musician, playing the guitar as well singing.
• ‘Lost For Words’, a piece of Clowning Street Theatre at the Cultural Arts Festival, ‘Imagine Luton’ made for all the family to enjoy.
William has also sung in Choirs and as a Soloist in a variety of venues including:
• Liverpool Empire Theatre
• Manchester Palace Theatre
• Westminster Abbey
• St. Pauls Cathedral
• St. Mary’s Basilica (Krakow, Poland)
• The Menin Gate Memorial (Ypres, Belgium)
• Altenburg Dom (Cologne, Germany)
Tutoring and Workshop Facilitating:
• Regular Acting Tutor for Drama School Entrance/Development of Practise
• LAMDA Exams (Comprehensive knowledge of Syllabus)
• National Citizen’s Service providing Storytelling and Creative Application Workshops to large groups of teenagers.
• Moving Waves working with school children & care home residents providing workshops in Acting, Comedy, Self-Expression, Communication and Singing.
• Support Group ‘Fuse On’ at The National Theatre of Wales, providing drama-therapy to young people with learning difficulties.
acting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest improvisational theatre lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, drama school entrance lessons for all!
Taking lamda exams preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|