I am DELTA qualified, have a degree in English Language and Literature, Linguistics and Business Administration.
I use communicative and lexical apporaches in my teaching. My lessons are tailor-made and incorporate the use of authentic materials.
I help build communicative confidence and improve people's careers.
I have been teaching over 20 years, last 10 years mostly executives, businessmen and professional people as well as students preparing to enter universities or start their career. Different levels, ages and nationalities. Presently I am running my own consultancy in Business Communications Skills.
Name: Elena Nicole Gray
August 2011- Business English Trainer
present International House, Executive Centre, London (concealed information)
- teaching Business and Executive English;
- teaching exam courses (IELTS, BULATS);
- teacher trainer courses (CertIBET);
- BULATS examiner;
June 2011 – Director of Studies (summer programme)
August 2011 International House, Oxford (concealed information)
- overall responsibility for running of the academic programme;
- inducting and managing the academic team; observing and giving feedback to the teachers;
- organizing and delivering training sessions;
- testing and placing the students into appropriate levels/groups;
- maintaining admin systems, preparing certificates, collecting feedback;
January 2011- Academic Manager
May 2011 OISE Executive Centre, London (concealed information)
- managing the team of teachers and admin staff;
- recruitment, training & assessing teaching staff;
- managing admin systems and procedures, timetabling, maintaining customer database;
- delivering inset training sessions; monitoring course content, objectives and outcomes;
- dealing with customers, their concerns, queries and complaints;
June 2007- Teacher, ADOS cover
December2010 Bell International Institute, London, UK (concealed information)
- teaching General, Exam, Business, Executive and Professional English;
- development of academic materials, designing courses (Presentation Skills, Business Correspondence, Discover London, etc);
- teacher training, delivering inset sessions, mentoring coaching of new teachers;
- testing and placing new students, recording and storing their details, conducting needs analysis;
- covering for Assistant Director of Studies, staffing, creating and adjusting time-tables, class lists and registers, checking students’ attendance, teaching hours and covers, participating in observations and giving feedback.
2001 – 2007 Lecturer, Exam administrator, Programme’s Director cover
RISEBA, (concealed information)
- teaching Business English and Office Administration;
- courses and materials development;
- planning, organising, budgeting, and providing administrative support for LCCI (London Chamber of Commerce and Industry) examinations, maintaining online database;
- cover for EBS (European Business Studies) programme’s Director, planning the syllabus and recruiting lecturers, preparing and adjusting time-tables, organising and running tests, other forms of continuous assessment and module examinations, preparing and leading internal departmental and students’ meetings;
- preparing and organisng new students intake: entrance examinations, induction programme and record keeping.
June – August English Language Teacher
2004 Hawthorn Edinburgh School of English, Edinburgh, UK
- teaching General English to teenagers and adults;
- preparing teaching materials.
1998 – 1999 Office manager
International Tennis Promotions
- office management, administrative support to the management team;
- preparing and translating materials and correspondence, interpreting negotiations and press conferences (Russian/English);
- liaising with foreign business partners and embassies.
1997 – 1998 Personal Assistant to Managing Director
- MD support: diary and appointments management, preparation and assisting meetings, booking travel, preparing itinerary;
- office management: ordering stationery, records maintenance, contracts preparation and documents filing, petty cash and expense claim forms maintenance,
- office communication: handling telephone enquiries, business correspondence.
1994 – 1997 Translator
- translating business correspondence, contracts and business articles;
- interpreting telephone conversations, negotiations and meetings;
- assisting with office management, filing documents and organising meetings.
1998 – 1992 BA, English Language and Literature
1992 – 1994 Master’s programme
2005 – Master’s in Business
2003 CELTA, International House, London, UK
Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults
2009 DELTA, Bell Bedgebury, UK
Diploma of English Language Teaching to Adults
09/2013 International House, London, UK
Certificate of Cultural Coach
03/2020 Full Circle, London, UK
Certificate of Executive Coach
Languages: English, French, Italian, Russian
Interests Reading, cinema, music, travelling, yoga, cooking
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons for all!
Taking oral expression lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£50||£40|