Hi, my name is Emily and I am an absolute sing-aholic!
Singing is such a magical, personal experience and the voice is unique to each one of us, which is why each lesson will be unique. Some of the little ones I teach need more direction and focus, whereas some of the adults I teach come to each lesson and tell me what they would like to spend their time on that day.
Looking to perfect a musical theatre number, Pop hit or classic Rock song? We can focus on that! Interested in (or, if you're like me, obsessed with) the vocal science behind how the voice works and how we can use that information to take our singing to the next level? Let's explore that! Want help with vocal technique so that you can tackle some challenging pieces? We can do that too!
For me, it's about tailoring the lessons to achieve your goals, so that
a) you learn what you want to learn,
b) you enjoy each lesson,
c) you actually practise, because you are learning something you are enthusiastic about, and,
d) you achieve your singing goals and get out there and do your thing, whatever it may be!
If you are not sure what your singing goals are or what repertoire you would like to look at, that's ok too, I can help you figure out what gets you excited about singing. Then, we'll come up with a plan for how to get you from where you are now, to where you want to be.
Live and studio vocalist
• Recorded and/or performed with: - Rod Stewart, The Science of the Lamps, Rose Kimberley, Backwoods Creek, Dylan Jakobsen, Revelry, Greyhaven, Mica Jane, Downtown Roundabout, the ACM Electron Acappella Choir and the ACM House Band
• Backing Vocalist with The Science of the Lamps
- Performed on UK headline tour March/April 2017
- Regular gigs and festival appearances, including Liverpool Sound City 2018 and Threshold Festival 2017-2019
- Writing/recording vocals for album
• Provided vocals for sync projects, such as TV adverts
• Latitude - London based function and corporate events band
• Backing vocalist on Rose Kimberley UK 2019 Tour and featured on BBC Introducing Devon & Cornwall
AllStar Choir - Vocal Tutor
• Leading choirs of up to 30 children mainly aged 4 -11 years old
• Teaching popular songs, incorporating harmonies, movement and music theory
• Creating lesson plans
• Organising choirs under my supervision to ensure all necessary material is learnt for AllStar Choir performances
The British School of Rock - Vocal Tutor
• Teaching children a range of popular rock songs and the techniques that feature in the genre
• Live band workshop sessions – song of the week performed with students from other disciplines
• Educating students in stage etiquette, movement (performance) and music theory
The Rock Project - Vocal Tutor
• Tutoring groups of children, aged 7 upwards, and adults, with differing vocal abilities
• Teaching popular songs and vocal health
• Live band workshop sessions with students of other disciplines (guitar, bass, keys and drums)
• Providing additional tuition in music theory, movement (stage presence) and stage etiquette
Leanne Edwards School of Theatre Arts
• Teaching popular musical theatre repertoire and current pop hits
• Guiding students through Trinity Rock & Pop grades
• Teaching improvisation skills and ear training
Private Music Tutor
• Vocal and music theory tuition
• Teaching a variety of musical genres
• Tutoring pupils of various ages and abilities
• Incorporating ear training and improvisation techniques into lessons
• Liaising with students and/or parents via email or phone
• Creating worksheets
Interned at Aurora Borealis Music
• Artist liaison - communicating with artists about details of upcoming performances and future plans
• Stage Manager – Cowley Road Carnival 2018
- Artist Liaison
- Working with festival promoters to ensure their expectations are met
- Instructing production crew on the requirements for each artist
- Ensuring the stage is on schedule and running smoothly
- Dealing with any issues that may arise effectively
• Social media promotion campaign for events such as Cowley Road Carnival, Oxford
• Collecting and paying invoices
• Registering music with PPL
• Organising and coordinating rehearsals and studio recordings
I offer online lessons at the following rates;
30 mins - £12.50
45 mins - £20.00
1 hour - £25.00
Your first lesson will be free.
24hr Cancellation Policy
First Class BMus (Hons) in Professional Music Performance (with a focus on vocals, technical pathway) from The Academy of Contemporary Music.
Attended Vocology In Practice, Premiere Teacher Education Forum, London 2018.
Completed NSPCC Child Protection: An Introduction Course - 2019
Attended The Voice Forum Conference, May 2020.
Perfect! My daughter is really enjoying Emily’s lessons ! Emily was great at building rapport with her and putting her at ease . She was very good at quickly focusing on areas where she could help in a friendly positive way !!
Sheetal's daughter has a lovely voice and great enthusiasm for singing. She applied the new techniques we learned together quickly, not hesitating to get stuck in and to give them a go. Keep up the good work!
Emily has helped me develop both my ability and confidence as a singer and performer.
She makes you feel very comfortable in the lesson and I have no problem at all trusting her to be professional with whatever noise comes out of my mouth that day!
She is incredibly knowledgeable about vocal technique and the biology behind it - and has helped me achieve things with my voice I never thought possible over the past few years!
5/5 - 100% recommend.
I first met Emily at Rock Project in Chertsey, when I started singing. I'm also a Yoga teacher who enjoys singing in my classes but had been suffering from MTD.
I wanted to improve my singing and also address my MTD. I soon recognised the benefits of Emily's experience, technical knowledge and intuitive teaching ability.
After Emily moved away from the area, I continued to have regular online lessons with her.
- My vocal range has extended;
- My MTD is under control and not causing me problems;
- Emily has helped me develop different subtle techniques to vary the delivery of songs from folk to rock. I have had other teachers but none to this standard.
I have recommended Emily not only for singing but also to people requiring therapeutic vocal help and also building confidence in delivering presentations.
Emily is empathetic, knowledgeable and personable. I'd highly recommend her for any age group. Thank you Em for all that you do.
Emily is extremely knowledgeable and helpful and her lessons have definitely helped me over the past year. She is friendly, easily approachable and I always look forward to lessons with her.
Emily is patient and fun to learn with. She takes the time to explain things so that they are easy to understand. She makes sure the intended outcome of the lesson is achieved and, has a lovely manner with children.
Emily is an incredible singer and tutor that I have known and worked with for many years.
Along with her experiences and skills, she combines these with a huge passion to teach to give each and every student the best experience and advice possible. Whatever your questions are about singing, Emily can answer them and help you get further along on your journey. She will get the job done!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£250|