Hugo Tervarent is a professional drummer/percussionist who has been teaching for over 15 years in England and France.
After graduating from CFPM in Paris and Tech music school here in London, he then started to set up his own teaching project (Drums For All) in primary schools around London, gaining a lot of experience in teaching young children (from 6 years old). Outside of schools, he is a private tutor, successfully helping students of all ages achieve their grades, prepare for auditions, gigs and recordings, providing lessons fitted to each individual to insure a fun and effective learning process. As a drummer, he has been taking on session work for over a decade that lead him to tour around the world and play venues such as the o2 arena, the scala, club 229, … record multiple critically acclaimed albums and shoot music videos. Often praised for his high energy performances and solid heavy groove, he specialises in Rock and Metal and a very dynamic approach to drumming.
I have been teaching countless students for over 8 years, one on one lessons or in small groups, in all age groups. Successfully helping prepare auditions, gigs or recording as well as grade exams. Many of my students have been with me for years.
Travel fee depends on your location.
Professional and reliable drummer/percussionist specialized in high energy performances with easy going and adaptable personality. Patient and enthusiastic teacher, great communication skills and experience with all age groups and providing a safe, fun and relaxing environment to facilitate learning. DBS checked.
Drum teacher at Lady Margaret primary school (2016 - current)
As part of the Drums For All project (DFA), I provide one on one lessons to children from six years old onwards on a special acoustic drum kit in a school which is otherwise not equipped with the proper instrument or space required. The objectives of this program are :
- Introduce children who wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity to real drumming.
- Preparation of grades and songs.
- Rehearsals and preparations for large audience concerts within the school grounds.
Percussionist/entertainer at Everyday Magic (March 2014 - current)
Opperating as a duo, one storyteller and one musician, in many schools in all areas of London, we provide stories, poems and songs to children from four years old, adjusting our material to fit the currently studied program. Every school we have worked with gave us great feedback, including :
- Helping children to open up and integrate to their class.
- Stimulate their imagination and open them to various art forms, leading some of them to pick up extra activities and learn new things.
- Improving their speech capabilities and speeding up their learning of the english language.
Private drum teacher (2014 - current)
One on one or in small group lessons, various levels and ages, focusing on the folowing :
- Adapting teaching to the age and personality of the student.
- Succesfully helping in grades or event preparations, supporting learning pleasure.
Session drummer (2013 - current)
Working with a wide range of artists for tours (europe, america), live shows (o2 arena/academy), summer festivals (Juwenalia, Breaking bands), recording sessions or photo/video shoots. Including :
- Metasoma, Death Valley Knights, Hellbastards, One machine, Divine chaos and many more.
- Mother tongue french, fluent written and spoken english, basic spanish
- Fluent in sight reading, chart reading
- Own a home studio with fully equipped acoustic drum kit and various instruments
- One year diploma, Drum performance : Merit. (Tech music school, London, 2010)
- Music performance and theory certificate : Distinction. (Centre de Formation Professionelle Musicale, Paris, 2007/2008)
Live gigs and events, music history and therapy, travel, sports, litterature, history, movies and a general curiosity for foreign cultures and different ways of life.
References : available on request
- Anne Johnson, director of Everyday magic : (concealed information)
- Helene Rai, Head of Lady Margaret primary school, London : (concealed information)
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, drum lessons for all!
Taking percussion lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|