I will base my classes on what you need to learn, which means that everything, both theory and examples, will be oriented to the field for which you want to become a future professional. My classes will start with some theory about that subject followed by several examples to settle the knowledge previously learned. In the mean time, real life stories related to the subject will come up so you can see clearly for what they are used and why they are useful which will make easier acquire that knowledge.
I am an engineer who owns a bachelor in Energy Engineering (Power systems) and a MSc in Thermal Power (Gas Turbines Option). Right now working in a London engineering company developing mathematical models for different kinds of turbomachinery in which I deal with thermodynamics, math and physics subjects in a daily basis. Join me not only to learn new boring stuff, also to know how they are applied in a daily basis.
Those prices is for any subject at any level.
MSc Thermal Power: Cranfield University, Cranfield, UK (March 2017 – February 2018)
• Modules: Turbomachinery, Gas Turbine Performance, Simulation and Diagnostics, Engine systems, Combustors, Mechanical Design of Turbomachinery, Blade Cooling, Computational Fluid Dynamics for Gas Turbines and Relationship Management.
• Group Design Project: The 47th Engine Systems (High BPR Geared Turbofan for B787 Aircraft): involves designing a complete gas turbine engine including areas such as aerodynamics, structure and overall performance through using software such as MATLAB and CFD by a team formed of 11 people from various nationalities leading project reviews and presentations. Creation of a software which is able to give a preliminary aerodynamic design of a gas turbine with many capabilities.
• Individual Thesis: Investigation of factors influencing a compressor working with supercritical ??2 as working fluid: The project aims for finding out relationships between a compressor working with air and supercritical ??2 as working fluids, due to the several advantages that supercritical ??2 could offer and in a final stage offering a supercritical ??2 compressor cascade aerodynamic design introducing a geometry blade optimization process against blockage factor and total pressure loss coefficient. It has been developed with a CFD software.
BEng (Hons) Energy Engineering: Seville University, UK (October 2012 - July 2016)
• Modules: Turbomachinery, Gas/Steam Turbine Powerplant Design, Nuclear Technology, Power Production, Renewables Energy, Thermodynamic, Fluid Mechanic, Energetic Efficiency, Energy System Control, Material science and Principles of Finance & Accounting.
• Individual Thesis: Research in supercritical ??2 Power Cycles setting a deep knowledge of this technology, implementing MATLAB codes for more than 30 different configuration cycles to have an overall insight into that growing field which is able to boost technologies such as Propulsion Systems, Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) & Nuclear Energy.
Engineering Company: London, UK- Software Turbomachinery Engineer (Jan 2018 - Ongoing)
This company is a global market leader in turbomachinery advanced inverse design software settled in Europe, USA and Japan with customers around the world.
• Led on turbomachinery aerodynamics and mechanical theory development to implement new turbomachinery software packages within both Python and C++ environments.
• Provided solutions for all aspects of turbomachinery including aerodynamic and mechanical design and performance modelling, for aeronautical and industrial customers.
• Carried out technical analysis including thermal, stress and aerodynamics analysis using finite element codes.
• Worked with other departments and external partners to deliver all aspects of the design and analysis for turbomachinery components.
• Prepared, presented and reported technical work to peers, seniors, external suppliers and customers.
SKILLS, INTERESTS & EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Languages: Spanish (native) and English (fluent).
• IT Skills: Experienced with MATLAB, SOLIDWORKS, CFX (ANSYS) and Microsoft Office and Visio, and knowledge of Python, EES and C++. Confident IT user.
• Individual Interests: Active member of a tennis club and a football team as a supporter. Enjoys going for a stroll with friends and family.
• Memberships: RAeS (Royal Aeronautical Society). IDEGT (Institution of Diesel and Gas Turbine Engineers). Working toward Chartered Engineer of Institute of Mechanical Engineers.
• Collaboration: Volunteer within the organizer team at ISABE 2017 (23rd conference).
• Professional/Technical training: H&S level 3, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency short-courses, CFD (CFX, Fluent, Turbogrid, ICEM, Bladegen) course. Solidworks Essential Training course.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£40||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£80||£100|