I am a friendly and organised teacher who specialises in helping students improve their conversational English and exam skills. I also have had lots of success helping students acquire places at some of the top schools in London as well as high GCSE grades.
I have helped students from 11+ onward through 13+, GCSE, A-Levels and university. I have been doing this for 8 years and have taught various levels. Students of mine have passed entrance exams to Highgate, Merchant Taylor's, City of London, Haileybury, Haberdasher's and many more. I have also helped people achieve excellent results in IELTS, TOEIC, KET. FCE, CAE and FCE. I love teaching and love seeing a student improve more than they other thought they would.
These rates for multiple lessons apply to webcam lessons only.
Mr Michael Sisley
21 Aldermen Court, 4 Constable Close, Friern Barnet N11 3GW
Tel: (concealed information)6 Email: (concealed information)
• Fully qualified English language teacher/tutor with 8 years experience both in the UK and abroad
• Friendly, affable manner with a strong motivation to help those I am assigned to work with
• An ability to adapt to difficult and challenging situations in unknown environments.
• 2008-2017 Private Tuition Over the past 8 years I have been teaching students from different countries and all ages various different classes related to the English language. European, Japanese and South American adults with conversational classes and exam preparation for IELTS, TOEFL, FCE, CAE and more. Also, young learners have been taught English skills and British Curriculum English as well as Entrance Examinations for various prestigious schools across North London. I have helped students gain good grades for GCSE, IB and A-Level examinations.
• July 2012 –May 2015 LSI Language School, Hampstead Over three years I had been teaching a wide variety of lessons both at adult and young learner level. With regards to young learners I have taught students between the ages of 13-17 from countries such as Israel, Brazil, Mexico and Turkey. My lessons have been at pre-intermediate, intermediate and advanced level. For adults I have enjoyed teaching fluency lessons, exam skills and conversation classes with a fantastic mix of students.
• October 2012 Excel English Language School, Muswell Hill I was employed on a short-term basis to teach a group of 16 Italian Art, Architecture & Design students from Sicily. My contract lasted the duration they were in London which was 3 weeks. I taught them General English as well as numerous lessons of Art & Architecture in English. This was a particular challenge for me as I had little knowledge or experience in this field.
• March – June 2012 Crest Language Schools, Edgware I taught a number of adult and children classes to students of numerous nationalities focusing on General English. These included a class of six Romanians for two lessons of three hours a week. I also had a class of fifteen Thai children ranging from the ages of 11-18. These classes were at pre-intermediate, intermediate and upper-intermediate levels.
2008-2011 New Horizon International School, Cairo For my first teaching job I was thrust into the crucial position of English teacher for Years 1(ages 6-7) and 3(8-9). This was a real eye opener as to what teaching really entails. I enjoyed myself thoroughly and took the challenges these classes presented with relish. I felt that having such difficult classes(both contained over 25 children each) to start with stood me in good stead for future challenges. In the following years I taught a number of classes ranging from ages 6-15 in subjects including Science, History, Geography, Citizenship and I.T
• 2007-2008 Thameside Management I was offered a position as Recruitment Manager running my own section dealing in permanent placements in the Construction industry. This involved wage negotiations, business development and candidate and company investigation. This was a new section so I was responsible for building up the database as well as creating new client contacts. Although I enjoyed working for the company and the people who I work with. I feel that Recruitment is not something I want to be involved in long term.
•2007 Beresford Blake Thomas Ltd. In this Victoria based recruitment company, my job was as a consultant. A typical day consisted of canvass calling potential clients in the construction industry. Selling in and matching excellent quality candidates to specific vacancies. A natural ability to converse over the phone is an important requirement.
•2006 Adams Removals salesman and office worker. This consisted of organising invoices, selling the company over the phone to potential customers as well as communicating with current clients and conveying their needs to our workforce.
•2003-2006 Pizza Hut as part/full time catering assistant. Duties included preparing food, kitchen maintenance and management of staff, both in Brent Cross Shopping Centre, North London, and Norwich. This was to pay for my living costs whilst at University.
•2001 Placement Barnet Council, North-West London. My duties were to word process and help organise a presentation based on the ever worsening problem of road safety in Barnet.
•2000-2003 The Apothecary Tea Rooms, Haworth, West Yorkshire as part time catering assistant responsibilities included; waiting on table, preparing food, washing dishes and cashier.
• 2012 Trinity CertTESOL, St Giles College, Central London
• 2008 I-to-I 40 hour Intensive TEFL Certificate
• 2008 I-to-I English to Young Learners Certificate
• 2008 I-to-I 20 hour Grammar Awareness Specialist Certificate
• 2003-2006 University of East Anglia achieved Ba Hons in History, 2:2
• 2001-2003 Christ’s College, Finchley, North London. Qualifications gained at A level; English C, History B, Information Technology D.
• 1997-2001 Bradford Grammar School, West Yorkshire. Qualifications gained at GCSE; History A, English Literature A, English Language A, French B, Chemistry C, Biology C, Physics C Geography C, Maths C .
Full UK Driving License
Advanced level Arabic speaker
He is a fantastic teacher. He knows perfectly how to help you. Give him an opportunity to show you what he can do for you.
Michael is an excellent teacher who is prepares his lessons thoroughly and builds a great rapport with his students. He is very knowledgeable in the subject and is responsive to student needs. Michael is also very friendly and is sympathetic to the challenges facing language learners.
I've been studying English with him for more than 2 years. He always tries to be his best. He doesn't hesitate to help me if it's for improving my English ability. Lessons with him are more than just learning expressions and memorizing vocabularies. Even though I normally speak English once a week, when I have lessons with him, I feel natural when I speak English. I've got not to get confused with situations like I should have a conversation in English. I'm so glad to get his lessons and I hope lots of people get to know him.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, business english lessons for all!
Taking IELTS lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|