- Hourly rate £40
- Response Time 6h
- Number of students 50+
1st lesson free!
Professional Latin dancer. Teaching salsa , mainly Crossbody salsa ( ON 1- LA style) and another Latin American style . Dancing is my passion, is my way to live and to express my feelings through it
- at their home
- at your home
- By webcam
About the lesson
Learning basic steps
- How to transfer the weight between steps.
- Understanding the tempo and rhythm.
- Creating routines and choreography to use in the social dance scene.
- learn how to achieve body movement (isolation techniques).
- focus on lady style if need it.
(Working on sensual and confidence)
- building confidence.
We will structure our classes according to your interest and expectations.
Let’s enjoy and have fun together!
About Jennifer Rivera
I am an Ecuadorian dancer based in London with experience in dancing and performing.
Salsa is my first love. I’ve traveled to Cali, Colombia to learn their method of dancing (Cali style) for one year. I also learnt how to dance on 1, among other Latin American styles of dancing.
I believe anyone can learn if they are consistent and demonstrate the necessary passion and discipline.
I’ve take part in and competed in the UK national salsa festival, where I achieved third place.
Dancing runs through my veins and to that extent, I put my heart into teaching this art and ensuring my students get the most out of their lessons with me.
Perfect! Fantastic Salsa lessons with Jennifer , she is a great teacher a really good communicator and great fun. She teaches building confidence and has a great eye for detail regarding the Salsa movement. Would highly recommend !!!
- Jennifer Rivera's response : Thank you so much ! My pleasure to teach you and I have so much fun too ! Also I could see your improvement after 5 h session , keep going , passion will lead to success.
Perfect! Jennifer is a fabulous teacher - methodical, patient, easy going, and fun. ️
Perfect! Jennifer is a lovely salsa teacher. She's very patient and her lessons are fun. Would highly recommend!
- Jennifer Rivera's response : first class , he was struggling a bit but after our 5 sessions I saw him so passionate and interested in learning more that after he was dancing socially in a dance floor :)
Perfect! She has an excellent method for teaching salsa. Is very flexible but most of all she is fun. Before we know it, the lesson is over and we look forward to the next one.
Perfect! Fantastic first lesson with Jennifer. She's super friendly and clearly a talented dancer. Her teaching style is both fun and thorough, which made the lesson very enjoyable. Looking forward to the next one!
Perfect! I had my first salsa class with Jennifer and my first impression was very positive. She is very kind, cheerful and explains / shows in detail. More importantly she made me feel comfortable. I can only recommend it.
- Jennifer Rivera's response : He is amazing, he learns so quick and his movements just flow , so nice to have him as a student :)
Perfect! Amazing class, our first lesson I learnt some much.
Perfect! She was amazing, great teacher, very patient and full of energy, it was a great pleasure to learn from her :) I was a complete beginner but with her help she said I’m ready to join a class to continue learning. Thank you so much Jennifer :)
Perfect! As a total salsa newbie Jennifer's lessons have been just the BEST..
With such a high level of knowledge/skill in Latin dance, her lessons are really well structured but super relaxed and fun at the same time.
Simply put - she’ll make you feel super comfortable, you’ll learn loads and you’ll have an amazing time. I literally couldn’t recommend any more highly.
Muchas gracias Jennifer!!
- Jennifer Rivera's response : Amazing person with a lot of skills, I had so much fun teaching and he catch the steps and the technique so quick! Looking forward to teach him
Perfect! Jennifer has been excellent, she is very energetic, patient and is definitely an expert in her field. I have really enjoyed the classes with her and I'm looking forward to having some more.
Perfect! I immediately warmed to Jennifer when I met her. She is friendly and kind, with good humour. In the few lessons I've had with her, I've learnt so much more compared with my previous lessons. I've learnt about how posture affects dance, movement of your arms and hips, where to look whilst turning. She has also made effort to come to my local park, making it accessible to me. After every lesson we take a video so I can practice on my own, this is extremely helpful. I have made progress already!! Would recommend Jennifer to anyone, she's lovely x
- Jennifer Rivera's response : She is naturally talented , her body movement is amazing , working on the basics and technique to don’t get a bad habits .
So much fun !
Perfect! I had a fantastic time learning with Jennifer, so much so I have continued the lessons beyond the initial planned 5. She immediately puts you at ease, creates a fun learning environment and I couldn’t recommend her enough.
- Jennifer Rivera's response : He is really nice person with a good attitude! He has already some skills as the flexibility in her body so make the class much easier and fun he will get where he wants because he is passionate about it and a good learner . Need to focus more on leading and learn how to change weight but he is half way trough it!
Perfect! Jennifer is simply an amazing teacher. She is so passionate about dancing, has an exceptionally positive vibe which is instantly transferred into a dancing session. She is also a highly knowledgeable and carring teacher who has the ability and desire to make instant impacts to your dancing skills.
I would highly recommend Jennifer.
- Jennifer Rivera's response : He already got the moves! Make my class much easier and I really enjoy and have fun , really passionate about salsa and he will get far!
Perfect! Amazing so far! She is so enthusiastic and great. Jennyfer breaks down the moves and it clicks and suddenly it all just flows!! Cannot wait to do the rest of the classes!! She makes them really fun and already seeing progress!
- Jennifer Rivera's response : They are amazing! Iam so happy to teach them , they learn so quick and so excited to be part for the choreography for their wedding
Perfect! Jennifer is a fantastic teacher, patient, clear and very encouraging. We covered a lot in the first class however it was never overwhelming and always fun. I'm looking forward to more lessons with her!
- Jennifer Rivera's response : He has really lovely energy , I had so much fun teaching him and he learn the basic steps so quick! Need to work on how to breakdown the steps! But he is going in the right way !
Perfect! Amazing teacher! Had great energy and we loved the session - so much fun!
- Jennifer Rivera's response : Amazing energy , they were a lovely couple and learn so quick! They got the moves . Such a nice vibe . Was a pleasure to teach them .
View more reviews
Jennifer is a great salsa and bachata teacher! She has incredible skills and knowledge, made me feel comfortable from the beginning. She is very professional. Highly recommend her lessons!
Book yours now!
Amazing energy, makes you feel so comfortable because of her bubbly character. She smiles at all times, and makes sure you are learning while having fun!
Things that seem difficult become so easy with her, I definitely recommend her if you want to have a true Latina teacher experience!
I look forward to each lesson with Jennifer. She is so encouraging and enthusiastic and it's clear she loves sharing her extensive knowledge and abilities. She has a lovely way of giving corrections to really help me improve my technique. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending her. She is an excellent teacher, fun, patient and kind.
I highly recomend Jennifer Rivera because she is very profesional at time to give a lesson. She shows you very patiently every single step as well as she explains you on an easy way to understand any movement and step.
I am in love of her energy and power that she transmit to everyone at time to dance, teach and is amazing the way of she believes on her students to make them improve on dance.
View more recommendations
- 5h: £200
- 10h: £400
- + ££10
Single class is 50 pounds, plus the travel cost .
If needed, I run my lessons in a studio near Oval Station. 9£ extra cost studio.
30 minuts for free if is your first time with me :)